Spend an epic day among the glaciers of the Southern Alps, including return scenic flights from Queenstown plus a heli-hike on Tasman Glacier.
Tasman Glacier Heli Hike from Queenstown Highlights
- Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day tour to the Southern Alps, including both fixed-wing & helicopter flights
- Return fixed-wing aircraft flights between Queenstown & Mount Cook, taking a different route back via Mt. Aspiring if possible, with guaranteed window seats
- A heli-hike to Tasman Glacier, with 2 hrs to 2 hrs 30 min of time on the ice & scenic helicopter flights to & from the glacier
- Use of all necessary equipment for your glacier hike, including crampons, boots, socks, & ice axes
- Convenient return transfers from selected Queenstown accommodation
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sun block and lip cream (UV is high)
- 3–4 layers of warm upper body clothing (jeans are not recommended on wet days, as they become very cold and uncomfortable to wear)
- A daypack, a drink & snacks are useful
- A warm hat and gloves.
- A Camera
- Light snacks or lunch
If the weather isn't suitable to safely conduct the flight, you will have the option to rebook for the next available time or receive a full refund. If the weather is safe to fly but will be turbulent, you will have the option of flying, rebooking, or receiving a full refund.
The Operator is able to fly approximately 70% of the days in the summer and winter, and 55% of the days in the spring and fall.
Most healthy people with ‘street’ level fitness should enjoy this activity. Lack of physical fitness and medical conditions may affect your ability to safely take part in, or complete a trip.
Heli Hiking is classified as an ‘adventure activitiy'. It has a low to moderate degree of risk. This tour operates in natural mountain features that present certain physical hazards. These hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Uneven and icy terrain and slopes
- Natural, uncontrolled terrain features
- Potential exposure to cold
- Potential exposure to UV light
Guests should be confident walking on uneven terrain. The Operator reserves the right to shorten or cancel trips for guests whose fitness or ability is not appropriate. If you are unable to complete the activity, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Reviews for Tasman Glacier Heli Hike from Queenstown
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.