- Awesome 12-15-minute flight over New Zealand's longest lake
- Most experienced hang gliding and tandem paragliding company in Queenstown
- Highest commercial take-off point in Queenstown
- Reach an altitude of about 3,800ft
- Training and safety briefing
- Professional pilots
- Free pick-up and drop-off at Kiwi Discovery Shop, 37 Camp Street, Queenstown
WHAT TO EXPECT
Paragliding in Queenstown is the ultimate adventure sport! It’s adrenaline fuelled, so much fun and you get to soar like a bird across New Zealand’s epic scenery!. What’s not to love?
- The most experienced paragliding company in Queenstown
Coronet Peak Tandems is the most experienced hang gliding and tandem paragliding company in Queenstown. Owner and chief pilot, Angus Tapper, has more than 30 years of experience in the aviation industry. He is been 4 times New Zealand champion, runner-up New Zealand Hang Gliding Champs 2010, and a rank as 8th in the world in 2001.
- The highest commercial take-off point in Queenstown
Coronet Peak is the highest commercial take-off point for paragliding in Queenstown. The views are pretty spectacular, you’ll be able to see New Zealand’s longest lake, Lake Wakatipu, and the smaller Lake Hayes.
- Get ready for take-off!
Our pilots will take you through the training and safety instructions. Your safety is their priority. Now you’re ready for take-off, all you have to do is a short run and bam, off you go! We recommend you wear practical footwear such as sneakers or running shoes. It’s also a good idea to wear an extra shirt as it can get a bit chilly up there.
- Feel the adrenaline pumping
For the next 12-15 minutes, soar like a bird over Queenstown’s most beautiful scenery. With paragliding you’re able to use the wind currents to go up and down as you wish, it will make you feel as light as a feather. Our paragliding flights reach an altitude of around 3,800ft, the views are incredible from there!
- Want an action shot?
You’ll be having too much fun on your paragliding flight to worry about pictures! That’s why we’re more than happy to take photos for you. If you’re interested in this option, just talk to your pilot before your flight. Once you land, we’ll have your videos and photos ready for purchase.