- Most experienced hang gliding and paragliding company in Queenstown
- Highest commerical take-off in Queenstown
- Reach up to 3,800ft!
- Epic views over New Zealand's longest lake
- Highly trained and professional instructors
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kiwi Discovery Shop, 37 Camp Street, Queenstown
WHAT TO EXPECT
Learn two extreme sports in one day on our paragliding and hang gliding combo tour!
- What’s the difference between them?
- Paragliding is when you sit in a “seat” or harness and control the wing via suspension lines. In other words, you don’t have any rigid structure to hold on to.
- Hang gliding is where you “hang” from a rigid frame. This means that instead of sitting, you’re now in a face down position.
With paragliding and hang gliding, you use wind currents to change direction. Depending on the weather conditions, your flight can reach a height of 3,800ft – just imagine those views!
- More than 30 years of experience
We are the most experienced hang gliding and paragliding company in Queenstown. Our owner and chief pilot, Angus Tapper, has more than 30 years of experience in the aviation industry. He is 4 times New Zealand champion, runner-up New Zealand Hang Gliding Champs 2010 and ranked as 8th in the world in 2001.
- Safety first
Along with our extensive experience, our team is highly qualified and your safety is our priority. We will give you the necessary safety training. All you need to do is relax and enjoy the flight!
- Fly from the highest commercial take-off point in Queenstown
We take off from Coronet Peak which is the highest commercial take-off point in Queenstown. You’ll be able to see beautiful Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand’s longest lake, and also the smaller Lake Hayes.