- Ride the steepest cable car in the Southern Hemsiphere!
- Spectacular scenic views 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu
- 220 degree panoramic views of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Walter and Cecil Peak
- Enjoy a guided tour of our galaxy
- State of the art telescopes used
Why do we love this
"We love it because the stargazing is available year round, after dark!"
WHAT TO EXPECT
Head up at dusk for some incredible views of Queenstown from the top of Bob's Peak. Your Skyline Queenstown Gondola will take you 450 metres up (the steepest cable car ride in the Southern Hemisphere!), when you reach the top you'll take in 220 degree panoramic views of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Walter and Cecil Peak.
Once you've taken a look at the views below, turn your heads to the sky. Due to the altitude of Bob's Peak and Queenstown's unpolluted skies, this is the perfect setting for a Skyline Stargazing encounter. Our informed guides use state of the art telescopes to show you planets, nebulae, the Milky Way and other galaxies billions of miles away. See if you can spot New Zealand's Southern Cross!