- 1-2 hours of easy canyoning
- Experienced and qualified guides
- All equipment including wetsuits, shoes, helmet, and harness
- Photos valued at $30 to document your experience!
- Hotel pick up/drop off is not included. Meeting Point is 78 Beach Street Queenstown
- Please wait by the moa statue 10 minutes before your departure time
- Departure times are 9am and 2pm daily from October through April
WHAT TO EXPECT
Kick off the action for the day by entering the Gibbston Valley Canyon on a natural waterside, just sit back as your guide descends you down and into the unknown! Feel the excitement of climbing through massive stone walls as you navigate the canyon. Test your thrill-seeking limits by stepping over the edge on your first abseil of the day. Become one with nature as you experience the impressive power of the water as you abseil down waterfalls.
Travel time is approx 30 minutes each way with a 10 minute walking time to the canyon. This canyon is an awesome introduction to the sport of canyoning suitable for non-swimmers and those with a lower level of fitness. No experience required and all equipment provided, you are lead by a qualified and experienced canyoning guide! Enjoy the empowering feeling of success and the stunning views that Gibbston Valley offers after completing this vertical adventure.
What to bring:
- Swimsuit and a towel
- Shorts and a t-shirt or something comfortable & light to walk in, plus a change of clothes for afterwards.