- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 4 hr small-group tour of the best sights of Napier & Hawkes Bay
- Drive through Napier's world-famous Art Deco architecture & suburbs
- Visit Bluff Hill Lookout & Te Mata Peak for breathtaking views
- Explore beautiful Birdwoods Gallery & Sculpture Garden
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with a stop at Arataki Honey Visitor Centre
- Transport onboard an air-conditioned minibus with a maximum of 12 passengers
- Services of a friendly, knowledgeable local driver/guide to show you all the highlights
- Optional pick-ups from any central Napier location
- Departs from the meeting point at the car park of the National Aquarium of New Zealand, 546 Marine Parade, Napier South, Napier
- Food & drinks
What to Expect
Join this popular tour for insights into the best places in Napier and Hawkes Bay, including fantastic scenery, a honey centre, Te Mata Peak, the beautiful Birdwoods Gallery and, of course, the world-famous Art Deco city.
The tour departs from the meeting point at the National Aquarium of New Zealand car park on Marine Parade in Napier. From there, you'll board the minibus for 4 hrs of sightseeing.
Cruise through Napier's world-famous Art Deco city as your guide shares the tragic story of destruction by earthquake in 1931 and the subsequent rebuild of the city as the Art Deco Capital of the world. You'll also visit the suburb of Marewa to see the stunning Art Deco houses there.
Then, ensure you have your camera ready to snap some of the breathtaking views from Bluff Hill Lookout and Te Mata Peak. Bluff Hill is the former site of an artillery battery with panoramic views over Hawke's Bay and the coastal scenery. Meanwhile, Te Mata Peak stands 399 metres above the Heretaunga Plains. Take in the views of Ruahine, Kaweka and Maungaharuru Ranges and Cape Kidnappers. On a clear day, you can even see Ruapehu in the centre of the North Island.
As you travel around, drive through the beautiful open countryside taking in rivers, estuaries and farmland.
Another popular stop is Birdwoods Gallery & Sweet Shop, which offers refreshments including local wines & beers, an art gallery, a traditional-style sweet shop, plus a lovely sculpture garden to explore.
Finally, explore the visitor centre at the largest beekeeping business in the Southern Hemisphere – Arataki Honey Visitor Centre. Try New Zealand's unique Manuka honey, watch live bees at work, and learn more about the extraction and packing of delicious honey. They also have honey you can buy to take home with you.
After the tour, you'll be dropped back at the meeting point. For cruise passengers, your guide can return you to the shuttle bus pickup point in plenty of time to return to your ship before its departure.
Where we Visit:
- Art Deco areas of Napier, including Marewa
- Bluff Hill Lookout
- Te Mata Peak
- Arataki Honey Visitor Centre
- Birdwoods Gallery & Sweet Shop
Frequently Asked Questions
The bus is able to accommodate one walker or folding wheelchair with small wheels per tour – please enquire before booking. All passengers will need to be able to enter and leave a minibus using the steps provided.
Sunglasses, sun hats, light jackets in case of rain, sunblock and your cameras!
- The minimum age is 8 years, & all children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply for this tour to depart. There is a minimum of 2 passengers to book unless there are already others booked on the same tour
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Fee of 100% if the booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- Fee of 50% if the booking is cancelled 6 days or less before the event
- A full refund of monies received if your cruise ship fails to enter the port
Reviews for Best of Napier & Hawkes Bay Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation