- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2 hour cruise
- Newly refurbished ship
- Onboard bar and restaurant
- Wonderful views of Milford Sound
- Chance to spot dolphins, seals & penguins
- Coach connections daily from Queenstown and Te Anau
- Milford Sound Levy
2 Hour Milford Sound CruiseDiscover the amazing scenery and wildlife of Milford Sound by boat
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
What to Expect
Milford Sound fiord is one of New Zealand's most famous points of attraction. The area is full of pristine rainforests, waterfalls and plenty of wildlife, making it a popular destination year-round. If you want to experience the beauty of Milford Sound, a cruise is a great way to do so.
On this 2-hour cruise around Milford Sound, you will get the chance to see the area up-close and learn why so many people visit the sound every year. Set sail in a newly refurbished boat, complete with a bar and restaurant on-board. The ship is a spacious vessel that includes all sorts of features and amenities including a rooftop viewing deck, outward-facing seats and a gorgeous interior.
As you cruise, you will have the chance to spot all sorts of animals that call the sound their home. Get your camera ready and keep your eyes peeled as you look out for dolphins, seals and perhaps even penguins.
This cruise departs daily from Milford Sound Terminal. Tours run at 9 am from 1 Oct - 30 April, 10 am from 1 May - 30 Sept, 12:30 pm year-round, 3 pm from 1 Mov - 30 April. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Driving to Milford Sound from Queenstown will take around 5 hours. Te Anau to Milford Sound is a 2 and ½ hours drive. We have added a little extra time to allow for photo stops and short walks. Make sure you fill up your tank at Te Anau as there are no petrol stations in the national park.
There is FREE car parking at Milford Sound. Please allow up to 45 minutes to park your vehicle and transfer to the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, where you check in for your cruise. Check in is required 20 minutes prior to departure.
Enjoy The Haven’s café-style menu, fresh craft beer and barista-made coffee.
- The supplier (and associated companies) reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
- All travellers accept responsibility for all personal items taken on any experience and are personally liable for these items at all times. The supplier is not responsible for the loss/damage to personal items taken on this experience at any time.
- All travellers accept that the supplier is not responsible for any injury incurred during this experience as a result of carrying personal items on their person. All travellers do so at their own risk.
- The sighting of wildlife is not a guarantee and lack of wildlife sightings is not considered reason for refund.
- In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, refunds will only be granted when the supplier receives notification at least 24 hours prior (NZ time) to departure date.
- No refund is given if less than 24 hours (Milford Sound) notice is received prior to departures.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely