- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Tandem skydiving in Wanaka from 9000ft, 12000ft or 15000ft
- The most reliable weather conditions on the South Island and along the West Coast for skydiving
- A highly experienced team, operating for over 21 years which is over 120,000 tandem skydives!
- Epic location - Southern Alps and Mt Cook will blow your mind!
- Spot the Clutha River from above - it's the longest river on the South Island
- All outer clothing and safety equipment supplied
- World-class dropzone facilities
What to Expect
One of the most epic places to skydive in New Zealand? It has to be the beautiful Lake Wanaka!
Skydive Wanaka promises to deliver a unique tandem skydiving experience. With spectacular views over the Southern Alps and a bird's eye view of the Clutha River (South Island's longest river), you'll take away memories that will last a lifetime. Plus, Wanaka has the most reliable weather conditions on the South Island and West Coast, so your skydive is likely to go ahead. Your needs will be taken care of by the enthusiastic and highly qualified tandem skydive team, your comfort, safety and reassurance are their main priority. So strap yourself to a beautiful stranger and let the adventure begin!
Photo & video packages:
You can book your photo and video package on arrival at the venue.
Our maximum weight is 115kg/253lbs. All persons over 95kg are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the drop zone. The minimum weight is 30kg/66lbs and all passengers must be big enough to fit safely into the harness.
From Wanaka: allow 2.5 hours return trip. Transport is available from i-SITE Wanaka – 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka (for on-the-hour trips).
From Queenstown: allow 5.5 hours return trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
The stunning Lake Wanaka is situated in the South Island of New Zealand. From Queenstown, it takes only a one-hour drive north. Skydive Wanaka operates tandem skydiving experiences from Wanaka Airport. The airport is situated 10km from the centre of Wanaka. To get to Wanaka Airport, you just have to follow State Highway 6 towards Cromwell/Queenstown. The Skydive Wanaka hangar is located at the end of Mustang Lane at Wanaka Airport. Turn right and follow the signs once you pass the entrance.
No, not currently. You will need to make your own way to the site.
The drive from Queenstown to Wanaka can be done in about 1 hour. This is going over the Crown Range which is fine in summer. However, during winter you may choose to drive via Cromwell, which takes 1.5 hours, to avoid the snow on Crown Range.
- Min age 6yrs old
- Min weight 30kgs/66Lbs
- Min height 120cm / 47.2inches
- Children 12yrs and under are permitted to skydive from a maximum of 9,000ft
- All children are subject to an assessment on the day by the tandem master
- Passengers under 18 years require written parental/guardian consent
- Visit: https://www.skydivewanaka.com/terms-and-conditions
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 and 12 hours of departure: 50% of the total cost
- No-shows: 100% of the cost
- Please note: in the event of weather conditions cancelling the trip, full refunds will be provided.
Reviews for Skydive Lake Wanaka
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.