- Complimentary access to Public Hot Pools!
- Spectacular Heli Flight
- Waterproof clothing
- Exclusive access to glacier
- Relaxed Pace
- Small Groups
- 2-4 warm upper body layers ideally woollen or polypro (not cotton) - Quick drying trousers or shorts (no jeans)
- Food and drink for the day
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, camera
Why do we love this
"We love it because combining a scenic Helicopter flight with glacier exploration, it is a must do experience in New Zealand!"
WHAT TO EXPECT
After a thrilling helicopter ride, you will land on the glacier ready to undertake your 3 hour guided glacier hike. Franz Josef Glacier is considered the gem of New Zealand's West Coast Glaciers. There are very few glaciers left in the world which are accessible to the public. Your guide will carefully choose a route through some of the most pristine ice formations in the world, tailoring the tour to your pace. You'll learn all about the geographical signifcance of glaciers and how they came to be, plus the serious impact the modern day enviroment is having on them - hurry you need to be quick before the glacier melts! This is a bucket list New Zealand experience.