- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Drive along New Zealand's famous Ninety Mile Beach
- Tea break at Doubtless Bay
- Guided tour of Cape Reinga
- Opportunity to dig for shellfish (conditions permitting)
- Sandboarding at Te Paki Stream
- Picnic-style salad lunch
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off
- All food and drink not mentioned (at participants' own expense)
What to Expect
A trip to New Zealand's North Island is about much more than just the cities. While Auckland and Wellington have their time and place, a visit to Cape Reinga (Te Rerenga Wairua) on the far northern tip of the island is the ideal way to get to know the richness of the area. On this full-day tour, you will get to do exactly that! Discover the native forests and rugged coastlines of Northland, New Zealand and explore Maori culture and tradition at the hand of your knowledgable local guide.
This guided tour departs from Paihia at 7 am. Once you are picked up in a custom-built coach, you will drive along the sandy shores of the famous Ninety Mile Beach. As you drive, look out for wild horses that call the top of NZ home as you learn all about the area's history from your knowledgable guide. Take a pit-stop at Doubtless Bay for a morning snack before continuing on to Cape Reinga (at the very tip of Aotearoa).
Once there, take the opportunity to sink your toes into the soft white sand or help your guide dig for shellfish (conditions permitting). Enjoy panoramic views of the Tasman Sea and mighty Pacific Ocean, visit the cape's iconic lighthouse and learn why the area plays such an important role in Maori culture.
This tour also includes an opportunity to try your hand at sandboarding at Te Paki Stream, home to the area's large sand dunes. This thrilling activity is sure to provide the jolt of energy you need to power you through the rest of the day.
After a long day, finish off with a delicious locally-prepared lunch to keep you fuelled for a day of adventure heading back to Paihia. On return, you will be dropped off at your start location around 6:30 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, a change of clothes for sand surfing and your camera.
Lunch and snacks will be available for purchase along the way. That said, as the supplier cannot ensure that there will be adequate options at each food establishment, it's advised you bring your own backup snacks or packed lunch.
- All bookings not made locally should be reconfirmed either the day before departure or 24 hours prior to departure.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, itineraries and services when necessary. Departures and itineraries are subject to sea and weather conditions.
- Child fares apply to children aged 5 to 15 years old. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult on all Fullers GreatSights tours and cruises.
- There is no charge for infants under 5 years old. However, infants must be included in your booking due to vessel capacity limits. Infants do not qualify for food and beverage inclusions.
- Fullers GreatSights requires 24 hours’ notice of cancellation for all scheduled departure bookings. Passengers who have not cancelled will be considered 'no shows' and no refunds are available.
- Fullers GreatSights reserve the right to alter proposed routes or cancel any departure in the interest of passenger safety and/or comfort.
- All departures are subject to minimum numbers, sea and weather conditions and Fullers GreatSights reserve the right to cancel departures in the event that requirements are not met.
- Bookings for scheduled departures are non-refundable if the customer cancels within 24 hours of departure or for a no show.
- Bookings for scheduled departures are fully refundable if a) the customer cancels more than 24 hours prior to departure or b) the operator cancels the departure and an alternative date cannot be arranged.
- If a component of a combo product booking is cancelled and a refund is due, the refund paid will be the difference between the full retail of the tour/cruise component travelled and the total paid.
Reviews for Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation