- Knowledgeable crew
- BBQ buffet dinner
- Breakfast, lunch & licensed bar
- Witness Phosphorescence
- Dusk fishing
- Night kayaking
- Island exploration
- Beach games
Bay of Islands Overnight CruiseSet sail for an overnight cruise around the beautiful Bay of Islands with star gazing & night kayaking included!
Why do we love this
We love that you get to witness the magic of Phosphorescence on a night kayaking trip! It's truly special.
What to Expect
Your Bay of Island Overnight Cruise starts at 5.00 pm from Paihia Wharf. Grab a beer and enjoy a 2-3 hour cruise out to the islands. While you're cruising try your hand at targeting shooting.
Once anchored it's time for some dusk fishing! Whatever you catch will be added to your buffet dinner. A healthy snapper baked on the barbecue is a welcome addition to an already delicious meal!
Later, go night kayaking under the sparkling milky way. You'll paddle through the natural marvel that is phosphorescence (some call it "fairy dust") that makes for a seriously special trip.
Then, take a break from paddling and lie back in your kayaks for a star-gazing session - your guide will point out the major constellations, planets and galaxies.
If you're still up for some action after returning to the boat, you can jump in the sea for a night swim before settling in for a drink by the fire.
Sunrise at sea is spectacular, so it's up early this morning to catch it! Don't worry, you can watch it from your bed if you're not an early bird! The breakfast bell goes at 8.00 am.
Enjoy a traditional Kiwi breakfast and then haul anchor and get underway for an exploration of the islands. If you're up early enough, you might even get a chance for a quick wake-up swim with the crew.
Kayaking, snorkelling and paddleboarding are all on the agenda today, as is gathering fresh seafood as you go! (If conditions allow, you'll be collecting mussels!) Watch for fish, penguins and dolphins as you travel! There are plenty in the area and you might be lucky enough to spot some.
You'll also stop to take an island walk and enjoy some stunning vantage points. You'll have time to enjoy the remote beaches - perfect for a game of beach cricket or volleyball.
Returning to the mainland, you'll get to try some of the mussels you caught earlier, and even some raw sea urchins if you're brave.
You'll arrive back at Paihia wharf at approximately 3.00 pm.
- The Rock Classic Overnight Adventure Cruise - Shared BunkThe Rock Classic Overnight Cruise is a tour of the Bay of Islands with loads of fun activities like target shooting, dusk fishing, night kayaking, snorkeling, island exploring, informative chats with our knowledgeable crew and more.
FromNZD $398Check AvailabilityNext available Tomorrow
- The Rock Classic Overnight Adventure Cruise - Private Double CabinThe only overnight cruise in the Bay of Islands, offering snorkeling, kayaking, island walks and collect seafood. Come aboard The Rock for a truly unique experience - with a homely atmosphere, a warm welcome from our crew. For 1 to 3 people
FromNZD $1474Value NZD $1500SAVE 2%Check AvailabilityNext available Tomorrow
- All departures are subject to a minimum number of 10 guests being met. Should the minimum numbers not be reached the supplier reserve the right to cancel the trip and offer guests a full refund of the cruise price or transfer to another cruise date.
- All our adventure activities (kayaking, snorkelling, beach lands, treks, etc.) are suitable for persons of good health and they all involve risks. Whilst we do everything possible to safeguard our guests which are beyond our control. The supplier will not be held liable for your belongings and we recommend that you are covered by travel insurance. All departures, activities and itineraries are subject to weather, tides and sea conditions.
- All departures, activities & itineraries are subject to weather, tides & sea conditions. The supplier reserves the right to cancel any departure without prior notice in the interest of passenger comfort and safety.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 72 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations less than 72 hours before departure: 100% of the cost
Reviews for Bay of Islands Overnight Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely