- Walk to the world famous Cathedral Cove.
- Visit Hot Water Beach
- See bubbling hot mud pools in Rotorua.
- Experience Maori culture at Tamaki Maori Village
- See the mighty Huka Falls
- 4WD eco-wilderness farm tour
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Bus transport around the North Island
- Local knowledge, entertaining commentary and bookings service from your tour guide
- All accommodation, quad-share (summer) or dorm-share (winter) (upgrades available)
- Some meals and a selection of activities (as indicated on each tour's itinerary)
- Special deals on activities
- Small group tour
Any additional activities not specified as included on the itinerary. These can be booked via your guide, often at an exclusive price.
Why do we love this
Auckland: Explore New Zealand's biggest city, dotted with volcanoes, lined with beaches and overflowing with all sorts of activities, restaurants and nightlife.
Hahei: Stay at Hahei beach and walk to the world famous Cathedral Cove accessible only by foot or boat. Cathedral Cove is a ‘must see’ on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Hot Water Beach: Dig your own spa bath in the sand at New Zealand's famous Hot Water Beach. The hot water bubbles up from a natural spring under the ground.
Rotorua: Learn about Maori culture at the Tamaki Maori Village. Dine on a traditional hangi meal (Maori feast), Kapa Haka (Maori song and dance) and interactive cultural performance.
Taupo: Take your own photo of NZ's most photographed natural attraction, the powerful Huka Falls. Every second up to 220,000 litres of water gushes through the gorge and over cliff!
Whakahoro: Home to Blue Duck Station, an award winning conservation high country farm. Explore the farm on a 4WD Bush Safari then enjoy a dinner cooked using local produce.
National Park: Traverse volcanic plateaus and complete the most famous day walk in New Zealand - the Tongariro Crossing.
Wellington: Soak in the culture and vibe of New Zealand's capital city. Fill up on superb coffee and tasty cuisine and school yourself at the Te Papa, NZ's National Museum.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Summer Tour Inclusions:
All transport: You'll travel in our comfortable mid-sized coaches around the North Island.
Experienced tour guide: Expect entertaining commentary, insight into local secrets and extra support from your tour guide.
Accommodation: 5 nights’ quad share accommodation in a variety of quality backpacker hostels, wilderness lodges and cabins. Upgrades to twin and single rooms are available.
Meals: 5 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
Summer Departures: 10 October 2017 - 1 May 2018
Departs from: Auckland