- Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish)
- Market food
- Street food
- Gourmet food
- 2 beverages
- Private transportation (to and from hotel) not included — available at an additional cost and upon request
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Meet at the starting point (Metro Balderas)
2. Walk around the Merced Market and downtown area tasting various traditional foods
3. Finish in San Juan Market sampling gourmet essentials of Mexican food
Discover the diversity of street and gourmet Mexican food! The tour kicks off at La Merced, Mexico City's oldest and most popular market that specializes in traditional food. This place has served as a commerce area for the past 700 years! La Merced is known for its wide variety of fresh produce and 'antojitos' (cravings), the speciality being quesadillas and tostadas. Yum!
Following La Merced market, the tour continues with a visit to another eatery, San Juan market. This one of a kind market caters gourmet and exotic food to some of the city's best chefs, restauranteurs, and food enthusiasts! You'll be amazed by the number of products that will blow your minds, such as lion burger, crispy grasshoppers, armadillo and iguana meat! CRAZY! You'll also find a great selection of tamales, tacos, cochinita, creative spicy salsas, sea food, and more!