Uncover archaeological and historical secrets of the ancient sites of Petra, Luxor, and the Great Pyramids of Giza on this 15 Day tour of Egypt and Jordan
15 Day Egypt And Jordan Adventure Highlights
Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
All accommodation: Hotels (11 Nights), Sleeper Trains (1 Night), Felucca (1 Night), Desert Camping (1 Night).
Meals: 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
Knowledgeable English-speaking local guides
All transport between destinations - including internal flights
Guidance from an amazing G Adventures Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
Variety of activities and tours included in price
All entrance fees
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Simple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
Allow $320 - $420 USD for meals. Eating is a big part of traveling. On this tour, you'll experience the vast array of wonderful food. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip.
If you choose to book the "My Own Room" option for this tour, you will receive your own single room for all night stops, with the following exceptions: Nights 2 and 7 overnight train, Night 5 felucca stay, Night 12 Bedouin camp.
On this trip you can expect to stay in small local hotels or pensions (with the exception of the start and finish hotels, which are often larger city hotels), which will vary a little in standard and facilities: some may not have elevators, air-conditioning or English-speaking staff, but most importantly all are locally-run and in excellent central locations to give you maximum time for exploring the sights.
For details of your joining hotel please refer to your tour voucher.
If this is your first visit to Cairo, we highly recommend that you book an airport transfer. Unfortunately there are quite a number of scams and rackets waiting to greet new arrivals, and they begin at the airport.
We recommend that you exit the airport before finding a taxi and negotiate directly with the driver. Official airport taxis cost approximately 250 to 280 EGP but you should be able to find a regular taxi to take you for between 150 to 200 EGP (approx USD 17-20). The drive can take anywhere between 20 minutes and 1 hour depending on the time of day and subsequent traffic conditions. Taxis do not have meters and you should expect to bargain with the driver and make sure you fix a price before you get into the car and set off. Do not pay more than the agreed price (unless it is a small tip for good service).
It is advisable to drink bottled water in Egypt and Jordan.
We recommend using a backpack for your convenience, or a medium-sized suitcase if you prefer. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying your own luggage.
It is important to pack clothes for warm to hot days and cool evenings. A set of smart casual clothes is also advisable.
• Sleeping bag and liner (Seasonally appropriate)
• Long-sleeved shirts or sweater
• Warm gloves
• Warm hat
• Warm layers
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
Health & Safety:
• Face masks (required)
• Hand sanitizer (required)
• Pen (Please bring your own pen for filling out documents.)
• Rubber gloves
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
All countries require a valid passport (with a minimum 6 months validity). Contact your local embassy, or consulate for the most up-to-date visa requirements, or see your travel agent. It is your own responsibility to have the correct travel documentation. Visa requirements for your trip will vary depending on where you are from and where you are going. We keep the following information up to date as far as possible, but rules do change and sometimes without warning. While we provide the following information in good faith, it is vital that you check yourself and understand that you are fully responsible for your own visa requirements.
Many nationalities including all Western European and Arab countries, USA, Australia and New Zealand are able to obtain a one-month single entry visa on arrival at Cairo International airport or at the Egyptian land border. On arrival if you plan to purchase an entry visa you must pay in cash. You will have the option of paying with US Dollars (USD), the British Pound (GBP) or in Euro’s (EUR). The visa fee is 25 USD or the equivalent to your currency.
Reviews for 15 Day Egypt And Jordan Adventure
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.