- Learn how to draw Kanji calligraphy
- Calligraphy utensils
- Japanese writing paper
- A set of packaging materials
- The Kimono dressing plan
What to Expect
Are you familiar with Kanji? It's Chinese characters adopted by the Japanese writing system. On this tour, you'll learn the basic writing of Kanji. The tour will teach you the brushwork using calligraphy utensils and Japanese writing paper.
The tour will begin with a brief intro and history of Kanji. Then you'll practice basic brushwork. Choose your favourite word and an instructor will help you write out the characters! Sign your new artwork and take it back home with you as a souvenir from Asakusa!
- Check-in: introduction to calligraphy
- Practice make the final copy on the paperboard
- Commemorative photo
- Take your work home
Things to note:
- Meeting point: JIDAIYA Meijikan / 2-3-5, Kaminarimon, Taito-Ku, Tokyo 111-0034
- A 1-minute walk from the Thunder Gate of Sensoji Temple
- A 1-minute walk from Exit A4 of Asakusa Station on Toei Asakusa Line/Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- A 3-minute walk from Exit 2 on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- Language support: English, Japanese
- Free Wi-Fi
- Please wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty with ink as it gets messy
- You have the option to upgrade and prepare your artwork on a hanging scroll
This tour's advertised price and net rate does not include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges
Reviews for Learn How to Write Kanji, Japanese Calligraphy
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation