- Cycle around Japan’s beautiful countryside
- Discover Obuse, a historic town with streets of small shops and local delicacies
- Relax and enjoy a bath in an outdoor hot spring
- Enjoy a Japanese lunch in Obuse
- See the last masterpiece of famous artist, Hokusai
Cycling Through Japan's Countryside To Obuse Town & Onsen, 1 Day Tour
Cycle through the Nagano countryside, take a dip in a natural hot spring and pay a visit to the historical town of Obuse!
Transportation back to Nagano Station/Yudanaka Station and optional attractions in the Obuse town, like the Hokusai Museum, etc.
Why do we love this
This is a different way to see Nagano! Riding bikes through the Japanese countryside gives you the chance to see things from a different angle and observe local culture at a leisurely pace which we think is a pretty cool experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Escape into the fresh air of the Japanese countryside and explore Nagano, Obuse and surrounds by bike.
Start your day at Nagano Station at 8:45 am. From there head to Kanbayashi Onsen where you will start your cycling tour. Cycle through spectacular countryside, farmland and pass old onsen villages and temples.
Once you reach Obuse, take a break at Gansho-in Temple. Here you'll be able to see the last masterpiece of Hokusai Katsushika, a painted phoenix on the temple ceiling.
Your next stop is a hot spring or onsen, where you'll be able to relax and eat a delicious lunch. This onsen has a stunning view of the surrounding mountains.
Once you're feeling refreshed, it's time to head to the centre of town to explore attractions like the sake brewery, souvenir stores, or the Hokusai Art Museum (with additional fee).
- The minimum number of participants is 2, the maximum number is 6.
- Children from 10 years old and up can join.
- We might not be able to provide the tour in case of extreme weather conditions (e.g. typhoon). In that case, we will cancel the tour and give you a full refund. We will let you know via email in advance of the tour date.
- Confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you within 48 hours after booking via email.
- Please let us know in advance if you require a free pick-up service from your hotel to the meeting place.
No. of days before Tour start date
Cancellation fee as a % of Tour price
11 days before
10 - 8 days before
20% of the price
7 - 2 days before
30% of the price
1 day before
40% of the price
Day of the tour
50% of the price
After tour has started/No Show
100% of the price