- Visit the samurai and ninja-themed museum
- English and Chinese-speaking guides
- Learn the history of ancient Japanese warriors
- Wear an armor costume and take photos while holding a sword
- Try using ninja stars and blowguns
- Dress up in a ninja costume
What to Expect
If you want to learn about the history of Japanese ninja and samurai, Kyoto is the place to do it. Samurai and ninja lived in the city of Kyoto from the end of the 18th century to the late 19th century. In this 1-hour guided tour, a local expert will lead you through Kyoto's Samurai and Ninja Museum and teach you all about their interesting history.
In the Samurai Museum, you will get to see various historical samurai swords up close and learn the process of making a sword as well as the difference between the Japanese swords and Western swords. Next, you will put on a traditional samurai armour costume and try drawing, holding, striking, and sheathing your own samurai sword. This experience is a great way to gain insight into what life was for the original samurai.
In the Ninja Museum, you will get a briefing on the actual roles that Ninja played in Japanese history. Dress up in a ninja costume, then try throwing star-shaped ninja stars and shooting darts with a blowgun. Anyone from children to adults will love this experience to learn about the two heroes in Japanese history, the samurai and the ninja. After your museum tours, you will have the opportunity for a photo session to always remember your trip to Kyoto.
Tours are lead in both English and Chinese and last approximately 1 hour.
- Guided tour at the museum
- Learn how to use a sword wearing an armour costume
- Try ninja stars & blowgun in ninja costume
- Photo session
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum / 2F, Utanokoji Bldg., 292, Higashi-daimonji-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
- A 2-minute walk from Kawaramachi Station on Hankyu Line
- A 4-minute walk from Karasuma Station on Karasuma Line of Kyoto Municipal Subway
- A 7-minute walk from Gion-Shijo Station on Keihan Main Line
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Reviews for Samurai & Ninja Museum Guided Tour in Kyoto
Get Instant Confirmation