- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
- Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
- Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore the Top End of Australia on this 3 day adventure Litchfield and Kakadu tour! Together with a small group and a 4WD, you'll discover the very best of Australia's Northern Territory.
ITINERARY - May To October
Day 1 - Darwin -Kakadu
Pick up at 7am from you nominated accommodation. We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corroborree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of the local wildlife. After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park. Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes! Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain and Arnhemland. Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Garnamarr at the base of the escarpment and within the National Park. Dinner tonight is a beef BBQ, with the option to taste test Kangaroo, Buffalo, and Crocodile meat. (please note due to availability the Australian BBQ meat will not always be provided).
Meals: Lunch & dinner.
Day 2 - Kakadu
Early to rise for a big day of spectacular waterfalls and some great walks! Hike to the top of the Arnhemland Escarpment at Twin Falls and enjoy fantastic views and swimming in pristine pools, avoiding the crowds. Hike to Jim Jim Falls, a 1km walk to the plunge pool for a refreshing swim surrounded by towering sandstone cliffs. From here we head to our camp near Litchfield.
Fitness: 4 kms
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3 - Kakadu - Litchfield - Litchfield
Up early again to head to Litchfield National Park. First stop is Wangi Falls for a swim in its beautiful natural plunge pool. We then visit Tolmer Falls with its spectacular views over Litchfield National Park before making our way to relax at Buley Rockhole’s. Enjoy a picnic lunch and then head onto Florence falls for a cool swim. On our way back to Darwin we get the opportunity to explore Giant Cathedral Termite and Magnetic Termite mounds.
Return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm
Firtness: 2 kms
Meals: Breakfast & lunch
ITINERARY - November to April: check it out here!
Accommodation for the 3 day Kakadu/Litchfield will continue to be camping until the monsoons begin, early December, where they will then stay at a private camp. This has air conditioned dorm-share accommodation . Dorm and camping fees are all inclusive.
Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners. All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
What to bring:
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person