Spend the night on Fiji’s stunning Barefoot Kuata Island and snorkel with the resident sharks!
Fiji Ultimate Encounter Overnight Package | 2 Days, 1 Night, 1 Island Highlights
- Get up to 10% cash back per person when you book with us
- Return coach transfers from select Nadi, Wailoaloa + Denarau Hotels to Port Denarau
- Vessel transfers to and from Port Denarau to Barefoot Kuata Resort
- 1-night accommodation at Barefoot Kuata Resort
- Option to stay in a Beachfront Bure or 6-Bed Dorm
- Guided snorkel with docile Fijian reef sharks
- Witness a breathtaking sunset from the summit of the surrounding volcanic peaks
- Daily departures available
- Experience the stunning beauty of Kuata Island
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You’ll be provided with safety instruction from your experienced guides who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know the resident school of sharks. Your guides will be in the water with you the entire time and will closely monitor the shark's behaviour to ensure your safety.
There are two main species of sharks encountered, White Tip Reef Sharks and Black Tip Reef Sharks, both are common in the tropical warm waters of the South Pacific. Each species can grow to a length of just over 1.5 metres although under the water they appear 25% larger, a snorkelling face mask optical illusion. White Tips are the dominant species and are by nature an inquisitive shark not frightened to check you out. Their Black Tip relatives are by contrast timid and will shy away if they feel threatened.
Numbers vary but it is common to see up to six sharks.
Both Black Tip and White Tip Reef Sharks prefer shallower waters making snorkelling easy with good visibility. It’s even possible to see the sharks from our boat before entering the water. Water depth varies between 4 - 6 metres depending on the tide.
Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view. Non-snorkellers can join the experience but sit out the snorkelling experience.
Resorts have compulsory meal plans. For some resorts, this can be prepaid at the time of booking, or for most, it needs to be paid directly to the resort in Fijian dollars at check-in. Ask our team for more info.
Awesome Adventures Fiji has two different levels of accommodation, 'Simple Stays' and 'Relaxed Resorts'. On Awesome Passes, you can also opt for 'Relaxed Resorts: Upgrade'. Think of them like star ratings, Fijian-style.
Simple Stays: Basic dorms, lodges and bures (previously known as 1 Coconut)
Typically Fijian-owned and operated * Basic with simple, local meals included in the price * An indigenous, authentic experience * Live and spend time with the Fijian people * Towels and toiletries not provided * Generally no hot water supply, though the local water supply is tepid
Relaxed Resorts: Dorms, bures and lodges at resorts (previously known as 2 Coconut)
* Resort-style properties * More modern with a higher standard of accommodation and amenities * Meals are not included in the nightly rate; instead you buy a daily meal plan either when booking or at check-in * Meals can feature multiple courses with a varied selection of local and international dishes * Relaxed Resorts feature a selection of room types from dorms with shared facilities through to beachfront bures with en suites
Relaxed Resorts - Upgrade
* Always have en suites and are sometimes situated in beachfront locations
Booking an Awesome Experiences 'Full Monty' add-on means your package will include the best Yasawa and Mamanuca Island activities on offer.
The add-on is available with our Awesome Packages (Tropical Island Explorer, Fiji Discovery, Coconut Cruiser and Island Time) and includes activities such as swimming with the manta rays, snorkelling with reef sharks and visiting the sacred Sawa-I-Lau Caves. You can book and pay for activities as you go but booking them in advance with your packages means there is no chance of you missing out!
Note: The Awesome Experiences 'Full Monty' add-on is available with both Simple Stays and Relaxed Resorts Awesome Packages but where you stay determines the activities you'll do, as not all activities are available at all resorts. To see a comprehensive list of which activities are included at each resort, please click on your chosen package.
All guests who choose an Awesome Experiences 'Full Monty' add-on will receive a complimentary Fiji sulu (sarong), backpack and BPA-free branded water bottle!
Reviews for Fiji Ultimate Encounter Overnight Package | 2 Days, 1 Night, 1 Island
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.