- Hasta 2.5 a 3 horas de rafting en aguas blancas
- Grade 2-3 level rapids
- All instructions provided- no experience necessary
- Tea and coffee at the end of your trip
- Transport to and from accommodation
- Niveles garantizados de agua durante todo el año
WHERE WE VISIT
- Parque Nacional Barron Gorge
- Barron River
QUÉ ESTÁ INCLUIDO
- Lace-up shoes available for hire, or bring your own.
Why do we love this
We love the setting of this rafting tour! Soak up the beautiful Barron Gorge National Park while getting your heart racing on the rapids... what could be better?
This is the ultimate introduction to white water rafting. Take on the mighty Barron River and join an exhilarating rafting adventure. Spend two hours conquering grade 3 rapids with instruction from expert guides. With guaranteed water levels year round this is the perfect trip for any occasion!
Your rafting location for the day is Barron River in Barron Gorge National Park, located at only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns. Home to untamed rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls and the stunning Barron Gorge, it will leave you awestruck. You'll have time to relax and admire the scenery during your trip, but there'll also be plenty of excitement on the white water rapids.
Each raft carries up to seven passengers plus your river guide. As you travel, your guides will entertain you and tell you plenty of interesting facts about rafting and the surrounding area.
Depart Cairns 2.00pm and travel 30 minutes to the Barren Gorge Valley. Once you reach the top of the river, take some time to gear up with life jackets, paddles and helmets.
Then, its time to start the adventure! Raft from below Barron River Power Station down a series of grade 2 and grade 3 rapids. Make sure to strike a pose at the infamous Rooster Tail for an action shot picture! You can also try out raft surfing (dependent on water levels) and after conquering your last rapid, take a short paddle to Lake Placid where you can enjoy a refreshing swim.
At the end of your adventure, you'll head to the afternoon tea location for a coffee or tea. There you can view and purchase the action photos of the day.
You will get back in Cairns at approximately 6:00 pm.
- Lace-up shoes (shoes available for hire)
- Ropa seca (para cambiar después del viaje) / toalla
- Protector solar
Tenga en cuenta
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches daily at 2:00 pm.
- Devuelve aproximadamente 6:00 pm