- UNLIMITED sand boarding at Port Stephens - Anna Bay
- Sand board hire
- Supervision and instruction provided by our trained staff
- Complimentary bottle of water upon arrival
- Return transfers between departure point and sand boarding location
- Fully air conditioned 4WD off-road buses
- All staff have extensive knowledge of the Stockton Beach ecosystem, hold First Aid certificates, Working with Children checks
- Drivers hold 4WD Ministry of Transport licenses
WHAT TO EXPECT
At Port Stephens 4WD Tours we offer unlimited sand boarding and complimentary water, so prepare yourself for a fun-filled trip for all ages! Our friendly and professional staff will take you on an exciting 4WD adventure into the largest moving coastal sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere in our exclusive air-conditioned off road vehicles.
On arrival at our sand boarding location, you will be met by our professional and friendly staff, who will instruct you on how to sand board and answer any questions you may have. Our first priority is your safety and to ensure your sand boarding adventure will be a joyful memory not to be forgotten. After a quick safety briefing and a few do's & dont's you are able to run free and go crazy sandboarding down the dunes. Feel the wind in your hair and the adrenaline in your chest as you race down the 30-40 metre high sand dunes! How many times will you slide, roll or run your way down?
The sand dunes of Stockton Bight are the largest moving dunes in the Southern Hemisphere. Dunes are hills of loose sand built by wind or the flow of water. They are important as they protect inland areas from coastal water intrusion. They occur in different shapes and sizes, with the tallest recorded at 229 metres in North America.