Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us
6 nights in dorm-style accommodation
6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
All National Park entrance fees
Pinnacles entrance fee
Monkey Mia entrance fee
Highly experienced driver-guide
Informative tour commentary
Select inner-city pick-up and drop-off points
What to Expect
Journey along Australia's idyllic west coast and experience a totally different side to a region many are yet to discover. The adventure starts in Western Australia's capital, Perth, before heading north into a nature lovers’ paradise.
Enjoy an action packed 7 Day trip, complete with hikes, dolphin spotting and national park explorations. Ride down huge white sand dunes at Lancelin, hike down to the banks of the Murchison River and peek through Nature’s Window into an ancient gorge. Discover the strange Pinnacles Desert, explore the stunning gorges of Kalbarri National Park and discover the underwater world of the Ningaloo Reef.
Where we visit
Day 1: Perth to Kalbarri
The adventure starts in Perth with pick up from central locations around the CBD from 7am. Hit the road and kick off your day with a drive to the huge white sand dunes of Lancelin. Test out your sandboarding skills here and get to know your fellow travellers.
Later, follow up the fun with a guided tour through the Pinnacles Desert. Once you've worked up an appetite, enjoy a tasty lunch by the sea.
Then, it's time to make the journey up Indian Ocean Drive for some stunning coastal views. You'll make a quick stop in Geraldton before heading on to the seaside town of Kalbarri where you'll spend the night.
Days 2: Kalbarri National Park to Monkey Mia, Shark Bay
Today is a nature lovers dream! Start the morning with a visit to The Murchison Gorge, Nature’s Window and Z Bend in Kalbarri National Park. Here, you can see where water has carved its way through sandstone and, if you're travelling here during spring, you'll witness bright pops of colour as it's wildflower season. At Nature’s Window, snap some stunning photos before strolling along a beach made entirely of tiny shells!
Later, it's on to Denham where you'll stay in accommodation by the beach.
Days 3: Monkey Mia, Shark Bay to Coral Bay
This morning, meet the famous Monkey Mia dolphins and get some amazing photos with your new friends Enjoy chill out time on the beach or a delicious coffee at the restaurant before you hit the road again.
You’ll visit the fascinating rock formations, the Stromatolites, which are the oldest living lifeforms on our planet!
Afterwards, drive on to Coral Bay, located right on the famous Ningaloo Reef. This is where you'll be spending the night.
Days 4: Coral Bay & Ningaloo Reef
You’ll have most of the day to explore the Ningaloo Reef at your own pace.
Choose to join a boat tour or enjoy free time to experience the beautiful beaches Coral Bay has to offer. Go for a stroll on the beach and check out the shark nursery, swim with the manta rays (additional cost) or go for a snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef! You'll be wowed by the natural beauty and incredible marine life.
This evening, it's a short drive up the peninsula to Exmouth where you'll check into your accommodation for the next two nights.
Days 5: Exmouth Explorer
Today, explore Cape Range National park. This is a spectacular place full of rugged limestone ranges, breathtaking deep canyons and 50km of pristine beaches!
Relax on the beach or choose to go snorkelling at the stunning Turquoise Bay (snorkel hire $10). Visit Vlamingh Head Lighthouse, relax at Milyering Visitors Center and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere.
You'll return to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
Day 6: Exmouth to Northampton (Geraldton)
Wave goodbye to Exmouth today! It's off to the town of Carnarvon and one of the local banana or mango plantations (seasonal). You'll stay overnight at accommodation at Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore.
Day 7: Northampton (Geraldton) to Perth
Before returning to Perth, we'll stop at the HMAS Sydney Memorial, which offers stunning views over Geraldton. Then, take a walk along the 3 bay walk at Green Head and the sand dunes of Lancelin. Then, kick back and relax on the bus for the last stretch to Perth. You'll arrive back at approximately 5:00pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2L water bottle - essential on long walks
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any prescription medication you usually carry with when travelling
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Sturdy walking/hiking shoes with tread
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
- Camp torch/headlamp
Child policy for this tour is 6 years old and over, due to the nature of this tour, it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children aged between 6 to 17 can only be booked as private room upgrades and are not available for dormitory style accommodation. A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
Guests aged 6-17 must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult and required to stay in private room facilities on multi-day tours.
- Kalbarri Abseiling - for 2 descents (Beginners)
- Swim with Manta Rays on the Ningaloo Reef with Coral Bay Ecotours (snorkelling, competent swimmers only)
- Glass Bottom Boat on the Ningaloo Reef with Coral Bay Ecotours
- Whaleshark swim (seasonal March-July) with Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours (snorkeling, competent swimmers only)
- Whaleshark/Humpback Whale swim (Seasonal Aug – Sept) with Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours (snorkeling, competent swimmers only)
*Please note these tours are not operated by us and can have different terms and conditions. We recommend you contact the operator directly via their websites for booking details and terms and conditions. Weather can impact these tours, which is outside of our control. Tours may be canceled, in which case a full refund will be issued by the operator. As we are dealing with wildlife, they are always expected but never guaranteed.
Reviews for 7 Day/6 Night Exmouth Explorer Tour - Departing Perth
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
Only 15kg soft luggage and small day bag are allowed
This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants, with a minimum travel age of 18 years old. Child policy for this tour is 6 years old and over, due to the nature of this tour, it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in standard private accommodation and must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult. A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
- The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse to board. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
(a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 30-days prior to departure; or
(b) 14 to 30-days prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of monies paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3 years from the date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 31-days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 14-days will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
Any credit travel voucher resulting from cancellation under (Cancellation by the Traveller) has an expiry date of 3 years and may be applied towards any other available trip offered by us. This credit is transferable but not redeemable for cash.
Note different cancellation conditions may apply if/when booked through third-party agents, your travel consultant will advise if differences apply. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a trip, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made or compensation for departure costs incurred. The above cancellation terms are less than any unrecoverable costs by accommodation providers, travel agents, third-party affiliates and supplier fees.
Travel insurance is recommended.
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Billabong Backpackers - 381 Beaufort St Highgate
- Criterion Hotel - 560 Hay St Perth
- DoubleTree Hilton Perth - 100 James St Northbridge
- Fremantle Prison YHA - 6a The Terrace Fremantle
- Hostel G - 80 Stirling St Perth
- Mantra on Hay Perth - 201 Hay St East Perth
- Parmelia Hilton Perth - 14 Mill St Perth
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central - 24 Mount St Perth
- The Witches Hat Hostel - 148 Palmerston St North Perth
- Whitfords Train Station - Kingsley
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation