- Return bus transfers from your accommodation
- Raft through Heritage Listed Rainforest
- Up to 5 hours White Water Rafting
- No previous experience necessary (you’ll learn as you go)
- Water levels guaranteed all year round
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- Photos will be taken while you are rafting which can be viewed & purchased at the end of the day
- AU$30 levy for insurance charges, land management agency prescribed daily client fee, water release fees, transfer costs, GST and administration charges (payable on the day of travel)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Feeling adventurous? Are you up for rafting down a wild river and spotting some beautiful nature along the way? Then this guided rafting deal in the Tully River is what you need!
On this small and exclusive tour, our experienced river guides will take you down the Tully River. You will be trained to become a confident rafter and to be able to conquer the wild Tully. Get ready, cause you are in for an adventurous trip!
Admire a World Heritage Rainforest while rafting down the white water rapids of the famous Tully River. A highly trained river guide will join you in the raft and teach you the correct rafting techniques. Along the way, the guide will tell you all about the history and wonders of this magnificent landscape which only few get to see.
The Tully River
The Tully River is one of the best rafting rivers in Australia. The river rises in the Cardwell Range on the northern boundary of the Kirrama State Forest. It flows north and crosses Lake Koombooloomba, to then continue over the Tully Falls near Ravenshoe. It descends through the Tully Gorge in the Tully Gorge National Park. This World Heritage-listed park will be our unique rafting setting. The river descends 800 metres (2,600 ft) over its course of 133 kilometres (83 miles). The name Tully comes from river William Alcock Tully, who was Surveyor General of Queensland from 1875 to 1889.
A highly trained river guide controls each raft. The guide will teach you the correct techniques during the day and will share interesting facts about the history of this magnificent landscape along the river.
You will be picked up at your accommodation in Cairns at 6.30 am. We will travel to Tully and meet up with the Mission Beach rafters.
In the morning, our experienced guides will give us a safety briefing and paddling instruction. After we are all set and ready for our rafting adventure in the Tully Gorge.
After an action-packed morning, we will enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch on the river bench.
In the afternoon, we will continue our rafting fun in the Tully Gorge. When we reach our finishing point, we get some time to change into dry clothes.
After we will arrive at the Cafe where you can view & buy photos of the rafting. We plan to be back in Cairns at approximately 6.30 pm.
What to bring
- Swimwear (you will get wet)
- Lace-up shoes or sandals that won't fall off (shoes available for hire)
- Money for souvenirs & Rafting levy
- Daily departures: from Cairns & Northern Beaches at 6.30 am / from Mission Beach at 7.30 am
- Returns: Mission Beach at 5 pm / Cairns at 6.30 pm