- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- The opportunity to marvel at a beautiful beach sunrise surrounded by wild kangaroos & wallabies
- Guided walks & talks in Cape Hillsborough National Park to learn about the animals & Indigenous culture
- A stop at an animal sanctuary & farm to meet other friendly animals
- A delicious bakery breakfast of a fresh pastry accompanied by tea, coffee, or hot chocolate
- National Park fees
- Convenient return transfers from selected Airlie Beach accommodation
Kangaroos on the Beach at Sunrise & Wildlife TourSet an early alarm to enjoy this incredible wildlife & nature experience, watching the sunrise from the beach surrounded by local wild kangaroos & wallabies.
- Drone footage shot by your guide
What to Expect
This is an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime experience that is only available at dawn when the wild kangaroos and wallabies come to the beach early morning to feed on the mangrove seed pods present on the shore.
Break out the binoculars and the walking boots to experience this stunning day of Australian nature and wildlife from Airlie Beach. Your tour day starts early as you begin the road trip to share the sunrise with local kangaroos and wallabies at Cape Hillsborough National Park.
After sunrise, delve deeper into nature and explore the trail walks, beaches, and sacred aboriginal sites. You'll listen to the guides speaking about the local animal species, vegetation, local indigenous culture, and the area's history.
After a walk through the National Park, enjoy a picnic breakfast on the beach before heading off to an animal sanctuary and farm where you will have the opportunity to encounter animals and birds, such as kookaburras, fruit doves, birds of prey, goannas, turtles, platypus & lizards.
This is an educational tour and a unique and personalised experience – you are not a number but rather a valuable friend that your guide is showing around their home.
Tips for the Tour
- Look, but do not touch the wildlife. All the animals who call Cape Hillsborough home are wild.
- As they say in Cape Hillsborough, leave only footprints, take only photos.
- Bring a long-lens camera. The best photos of sunrise with the wallabies and kangaroos are taken on the upper side of the beach, rather than the shoreline. Selfies, flashes and bright torches are discouraged as they scare the animals.
- Keep the coast clear. As the sun rises and the animals hop off into the shade of the national park, please always provide them with a clear path in front of them and behind them.
- Patting is prohibited. As cute and cuddly as they may appear, these are wild animals. Attempts to pat, touch, or approach them will scare them off.
- Do not contribute to their breakfast buffet; these native animals chow down on a breakfast of seedpods, seaweed and a specific pellet designed by Australia Zoo.
Where we Visit:
- Cape Hillsborough National Park
- A local animal sanctuary
Frequently Asked Questions
Come dressed comfortably! Make sure you bring an extra layer of clothing in the cooler months for the early morning and late afternoons.
Summers in Airlie Beach are hot and humid, a personal face towel or hygienic wipes is a great idea!
Please note that The Operator never cancels a tour due to rain or wind, so please bring rainproof clothing if you would prefer to not get wet.
Other items to bring:
- Morning cup of coffee or tea for the 1.5-hour car ride
- A jumper or jacket.
- Swimming costume for a swim or a sunbake.
- Mosquito repellent (tropical heavy-duty repellent)
- Camera (turn off any sounds) Cameras should be in a waterproof
- Hiking boots or sneakers
- Cash / Credit Card for souvenirs
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
Guests will need to pre-order their croissant selection, pick your type of croissant:
- Option 1: Ham & Cheese croissant filled with warm ham and slices of melted cheese
- Option 2: Warm Butter and Jam Croissant
*Vegan, GF, vegetarian, and dairy-free diets can be catered for on request when advised at the time of booking.
- Guests should note that adventure travel includes risks. The Operator shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death whilst travelling with The Operator, participating in activities, in the vehicle, in the national parks or any other company property
- COVID19 Medical restrictions apply. A medical questionnaire must be completed. A signed liability release waiver will be required from all participants
- Minimum number of passengers apply for all tours
- No shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
- Guests who provide more than 72 hours' notice can transfer to another tour at no fee
- COVID-19 Policy: guests can cancel anytime up until 48 hours before the tour start time
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely