- Pick up from Adelaide CBD
- All meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunches & BBQ dinner)
- Up close encounters with Australian wildlife
- Dorm accommodation
- Ferry transfers
- National Park entry fee
- Knowledgeable guides
WHAT TO EXPECT
A visit to South Australia is not complete without a visit to Kangaroo Island – a sanctuary for wildlife and rugged, natural beauty.
- Appreciate the stunning coastal views from your private air-conditioned mini-bus as you wind your way towards the island along the Fleurieu Peninsula. 90 minutes later you will jump onboard the ferry for a 45-minute scenic cruise to the picturesque beachside village of Penneshaw before heading up to Prospect Hill, your first stop of the day. After a moderately easy climb to the top, you are rewarded with magnificent 360-degree views of Australia’s third-largest island.
- Next, you will take a guided tour along the pure-white beach of Seal Bay where you can get up close and personal to Australian Sea Lions frolicking around in the surf or snoozing quietly in the dunes. This is a highlight for many, as well as the Flinders Chase National Park in the far west of the island, which is home to two of the island’s signature landmarks – the Remarkable Rocks and the Admirals Arch, as well as a colony of New Zealand fur seals.
- The evening will be spent cooking up a traditional Aussie barbeque dinner set within a farm on the edge of the national park. You will get the chance to spot local wildlife such as kangaroos and possums and share stories around a campfire before heading off to your dormitory style accommodation for the night.
- Make sure to fuel up at breakfast as the wildlife adventure continues the next morning! The cooler morning weather is the perfect time to take a hike around one of the island’s many walking trails where you will discover an abundance of local wildlife such as koalas nesting in gum trees, kangaroos hopping through the bush or echidnas scuttling shyly past. During the summer we make the most of the warmer waters and spend time swimming or snorkelling around the island’s superb beaches. Try your best at locating the elusive leafy sea dragon, which resides off the coast, or take in the rays by sunbaking at Vivonne Bay, Hanson Bay or Stokes Bay – famous for their crystal clear waters and pristine sand.
- Start your action-packed afternoon by sand boarding down the Little Sahara dunes, followed by a leisurely paddle with kayaks along the Harriet River. An optional extra for those adrenaline lovers is a quad-biking session along the island’s rocky paths and dense scrubland.
- You will then (reluctantly!) make your way to Penneshaw where you will jump onboard the ferry to Cape Jervis for a short drive back to Adelaide with an arrival time of 8:30 pm.