- Discover the gem of New Zealand's South Island, Milford Sound
- Travel along the scenic shores of Lake Wakatipu
- Stop at Te Anau
- Experience NZ's natural beauty with scenic stops along the way
- Experience stunning Fiordland National Park
- Travel in style in a 49 seat coach with forward facing Camera
- Cruise Milford Sound in a modern catamaran, the ‘Maiden of Milford’
- Complimentary tea served on board (for Sunriser Customers only)
- Pick-up and drop-off at various bus stops in central Queenstown and Frankton Road (5:30am – 6:00am) included
- Pita Pit lunch is not included for all passengers on the Cruiser tour which departs at 8.30 am
Why do we love this
This is the perfect way to tick Milford Sound off your bucket list. We love the extra scenic stops along the way that give you a real taste of the South Island's natural beauty. The fact you avoid the large crowds and super busy period is pretty cool too.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The early bird catches the worm! Not only will you get a great deal on this tour, but you'll get some of the most stunning sights of the South Island packed into one day.
You'll be leaving bright and early with a 6 am departure, but this means you’ll beat the lunchtime rush and get to enjoy an unhurried and uncrowded adventure through this South Island paradise.
Travelling from Queenstown to Milford Sound, you'll be immersed in one of New Zealand's most naturally beautiful places. Fiordland's Milford Sound is a place of stunning fiords, fairytale waterfalls, picturesque nature and rare wildlife and it's a must-see in New Zealand.
Along the way, you'll also get to enjoy scenic treats, from sweeping lake views to mountain range vistas.
From Queenstown, hit the road south along the scenic shores of Lake Wakatipu and enjoy a drive surrounded by peaceful farmland and stunning mountain ranges.
Your journey continues towards these mountains with a stop at Te Anau, where you'll get a taste of what's ahead. Nestled on the edge of Lake Te Anau, the town is known as the gateway to the gateway to Fiordland and offers just a snippet of the stunning beauty to come.
After wandering the town for 30 minutes, it's time to hop back onboard and head deeper into Fiordland National Park. There'll be plenty of scenic stops for stunning photos along the way and you'll get to stretch your legs with a couple of short nature walks before you arrive in Milford Sound.
Now it's time for the real adventure to begin! This will be the highlight of your holiday - a cruise through Milford Sound is something truly special.
Jucy's modern catamaran, the 'Maiden of Milford', offers three viewing decks, both inside and out, and gives you the ultimate experience of this majestic fiord landscape. The sheer mountains, towering waterfalls and amazing wildlife will take your breath away.
If you fancy something a little more celebratory than tea (and who wouldn't in this stunning landscape!), the ‘Off the Rocks’ bar will quench your thirst.
Enjoy 1.5 hours cruising through the pristine waters and falls of Milford Sound before you head back to the bus and return to Queenstown.
Your return journey allows for some rest and relaxation before you arrive back in the bustling city at 6 pm, just in time for Happy Hour!
- Departures are from Queenstown, daily at 5.30 am
- Pickups are made from various bus stops in central Queenstown. Please contact Jucy to confirm your pickup location. Please note that the driver does not routinely stop off at every single one of these locations; only at the locations that are specified on their prepared manifest each day.
- This is a full day tour starting at 6 am in Queenstown and finishing in Queenstown at 6 pm