- Discover the nostalgic atmosphere of Uchiko-Cho
- Visit a modern sake brewery
- Observe the full sake production process of steaming sake rice, making koji (malted rice), fermenting, pressing and bottling
- Sample the brewery's vaunted sake at the tasting counter
- Take home an original sake cup as a souvenir
WHAT TO EXPECT
Uchiko-Cho, home to some of Japan's best sake brewereries, is a charming town with its nostalgic townscape where there are many historical and cultural assets built in the late Edo period (19th century). On this tour, you can take a closer look at the sake brewing handed down in the town for over 300 years.
After watching the video of the manufacturing process, let's go on a sake brewery tour. You will observe the up-to-date sake brewery, which is always air-conditioned and strictly sanitary-controlled. During the brewing period of sake (from winter to early spring), the whole process of sake-making such as steaming sake rice, making koji (malted rice), fermenting, pressing, bottling, etc. will be open to the public. It's is a recommended season for a brewery visit.
After visiting the brewery, sample sake the brewery is proud of at the tasting counter. Please enjoy the mild taste of sake made from agrochemical-free rice where the brewers are engaged in the production from planting. Tasting is followed by shopping (optional) at the brewery store. You will get an original sake cup as a souvenir, which you can use to enjoy sake at home.
- Citrus field visit
- Sake brewery tour
- Tasting, shopping