- 1-hour farm show
- Live translations available in a range of languages
- See 19 breeds of sheep
- Live sheep shearing demonstration
- Sheep auction with bidding from the floor and audience participation
- Farm dog skill demonstration
- Opportunity to feed baby lambs or hand-milk a cow
- Access to the Farmyard Nursery
- Chance to pet and have your photo taken with lambs and other baby farm animals
- Free live dog trial after the show
WHAT TO EXPECT
Agrodome is a working farm based in Rotorua, New Zealand. A visit to Agrodome is a chance to see and interact with all sorts of farm animals, from sheep to chickens to farm dogs and more. This jam-packed and educational 1-hour farm show will provide the opportunity to learn how New Zealand farms operate and see the role that each animal plays there.
Shows run daily at 9:30 am, 11 am and 3 pm. They are led by qualified guides who will provide interesting facts about the farm and the animals from an insider's perspective. You will be introduced to 19 different types of sheep during the show. Watch them get sheared right before your eyes, have a go at feeding them, and then experience a sheep auction which includes live bidding and audience participation.
But sheep are not all you will see in this show. You will also get to observe farm dogs in action as they employ the skills needed to keep the farm running from day to day. You might even get the chance to milk a cow!
Included in your show ticket price is entry to the Farmyard Nursery, where you can pet and get your photo taken with cute baby lambs, pigs, goats and more. After the show, feel free to pop across the herding area to watch a free live dog trial, where herding dogs move sheep around a field.