- A 23-kilometre journey through the upper snowfield of the Haupapa/Tasman Glacier!
- A ski plane will fly you to the glacier, which can be explored by walking, hiking, and snowshoeing
- Snowshoes, adjustable walking poles, leather boots, waterproof jacket, socks, gloves, harness
- Keep an eye out for icebergs in the glacier lake!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the upper snowfield of the Haupapa/Tasman Glacier!
On this tour, you’ll board a ski plane and fly over Mount Cook National Park. Once the plane lands near Tasman Glacier, you can explore it by walking, hiking, and snowshoeing. Keep an eye out for icebergs in the glacier lake! All glacier equipment is included in the tour so that you can have the best adventure possible!
Have you ever tried snowshoeing in New Zealand? If not, now’s the time to go! Snowshoeing is a great way to journey across snow-covered terrain. Once on the glacier, the tour will provide you with snowshoes, adjustable walking poles, harnesses, and any additional equipment you may need. After your gear is fitted, you’re free to explore the ice formations in this ever-changing environment; Mount Cook is the heart and birthplace of New Zealand mountaineering.
Once you’re done exploring the glacier, the flight home tracks down the eastern side of New Zealand’s highest mountain, Aoraki/Mt Cook and the stunning Hochstetter icefall. After this five hour experience, you’ll return home bursting to tell everyone about your Tasman Glacier hike!
- Please ensure that you allow sufficient time to travel to the base at the Aoraki/Mt Cook Airport, Mt Cook Road, State Highway 80 safely
- There are scheduled flight times and are unable to delay a trip departure if you are running late
- Although the Haupapa/Tasman Glacier is the primary landing site, this may vary depending upon the environmental condition