- A lecture on making the Hiroshima Okonomiyaki, delivered by a start-up professional
- An experienced specialist and professional in English classrooms will provide support during the course
- A solitary experience in small groups of four
- A commemorative photo session and recipes for all menus will be handed out at the end of the course
WHAT TO EXPECT
A professional okonomiyaki-making course for tourists wishing to experience how to make the authentic Hiroshima Okonomiyaki. In this course, you will be introduced to the culinary specialty of Hiroshima with an opportunity to make an okonomiyaki savory pizza in small groups with a maximum capacity of four people. The person leading the lecture and supporting you throughout the course is an experienced specialist and professional in English classrooms. In this course, you are invited to make Miso soup as a side dish to complement the okonomiyaki rich in flavor, and gather around the table fitted with a built-in hotplate. Immerse yourself in Hiroshima food culture and choose the perfect drink, such as local sake or Hiroshima tea, to complement the light meal.
- Explanation of how to make an Okonomiyaki
- Taking a photo
A professional Okonomiyaki-making course led by a start-up instructor for tourists seeking to learn the process of making the culinary specialty of Hiroshima, the Hiroshima Okonomiyaki. In this program, a brief overview of the course, followed by a comprehensive outline of the Miso soup and Okonomiyaki pairing, will be explained after a warm self-introduction. An experienced specialist and professional in English classrooms will support your experience here, so please do not hesitate to ask as many questions as possible.
Next is the Okonomiyaki-making demonstration. This program includes a demonstration area where you can watch a certified master at work, and learn the whole process from the variety of raw ingredients to the cooking procedure. From here, you may make your own Okonomiyaki while also cooking an authentic Miso soup as a traditional side dish. Complete with complimentary drinks, you may plate your okonomiyaki and savor the flavors together with the miso soup side dish. Please note that suitable workwear will be provided instead of an apron. You may choose from a range of beers, juices, and Hiroshima teas to complement your meals, in addition to Japanese sake, such as the highly recommended local Hiroshima sake. A commemorative photo session and recipes for all menus will be handed out at the end of the course for you to try at home (photos will be sent to you later by e-mail).
THINGS TO NOTE
- Meeting Point: Tessen / 602, 1-3-11, Itsukaichi-ekimae, Saeki-ku, Hiroshima-shi
- A 4-minute walk from the North exit of Itsukaichi Station on JR and Hiroshima Electric Railway.
- Leave the station from the North exit and go straight.
- You will find the shop on your right.
- About 10 minutes by car from Otafuku Sauce Co., Ltd.
- Language support: English
- Participation requirements?
- A child of 6 or over can join the experience.
- Adult fee applies to anyone aged 13 and over.
- Children aged under 5 years are not allowed to experience cooking, but they can eat together.
- Toilet (Western-style)
- If you arrive late for one hour or over, your reservation will be regarded as canceled and a 100% cancellation fee will be incurred.
- When bad weather is expected, you will be notified of the cancellation at least 24 hours prior to the appointed time.
- The Hiroshima Okonomiyaki can be enjoyed by Muslim, vegetarian and vegan customers. If you have any questions, please consult us before making a reservation.