- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pickups and drop-offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On-screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in the vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibusses
WHAT TO EXPECT
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set in the Heart of Middle Earth.
On this tour, you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside (the most extensive farming area in the world) on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and several different farm animals along the way.
After the drive, you will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton) where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next, we board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a 2 hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12-acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish the experience at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn for a cold beverage.
After the tour, you will be guided back through the Alexander family sheep farm for another stop at Shire's Rest for some souvenir shopping and maybe a bite to eat before we begin our journey back to Auckland.