Our trek of the famous Inca Trail is ideal for travellers who don’t have much time in Cusco but want to see the best of the region. You’ll begin your trek with a traditional Andean Blessing, then walk along the winding stone Inca trail to the beautiful archeological site of Wiñaywayna. Our guides specialize in providing you the detailed information on Inca traditions and the secrets of Pachamama (the Earth Mother), creating a memorable and culturally informative trekking experience. After a short day hike, be prepared to stand high above Machu Picchu and gaze down in awe on this modern archeological Wonder of the World. This tour also includes a trek up to Huayna Picchu, the famous mountain that stands behind Machu Picchu.
You’ll leave with a much richer understanding and appreciation of Inca traditions than ever before.
Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 03:00 Picked up from your hotel (approximately).
- 03:15 Departure from Cusco City.
- 04:45 Arrive at Ollantaytambo train station.
- 05:07 Departure from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu town.
- 06:40 Arrive at Machu Picchu train station.
- 06:50 Picked up from the train station by our local staff.
- 07:15 Arrive at the bus station.
- 07:30 Depart from Aguas Calientes Town to Machu Picchu Citadel by bus.
- 08:00 Arrive at Machu Picchu main entrance gate.
- 08:15 Meeting with our local guide in the main gate of Machu Picchu.
- 08:30 Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- 08:45 Coca leaf ceremony by the guide.
- 10:45 End of the tour at the gate of Huayna Picchu mountain.
- 11:00 Start the climbing to Huayna Picchu.
- 13:00 After climbing Machu Picchu free time to enjoy the Machu Picchu citadel.
- 14:00 Depart from Machu Picchu citadel to Aguas Calientes.
- 14:30 Arrive in Aguas Calientes town and free time for lunch.
- 16:00 Time to go to the train station of Machu Picchu.
- 16:22 Depart to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 18:10 Arrive at Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- 18:20 Depart from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by car.
- 20:00 Arrive in Cusco city.