- Free photos only during the promo period ending 31 March 2021
- Water time approx 1 hour
- Sledging round trip of 3.5 hours
- Sledging in one of New Zealand's most pristine rivers
- You are equipped with a padded wetsuit, booties, life jacket, helmet and fins
- Company has almost 30 years experience
- Incorporate Maori culture into each excursion
- Helpful guides and full safety briefing
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is the ultimate in whitewater action - challenge yourself to sledging down one of New Zealand's pristine river systems.
White Water Sledging originated in the late 1970's when a group of French raft guides stuffed mail sacks with life vests and rode down rapids. This quickly gained traction and soon the first professional water sledge was built, developing it into a professional sport also known as riverboarding.
This is one of the coolest adrenaline activities around, and there is no place better to try it than at Rotorua's original Sledging Company - Kaitiaki Adventures, who have been operating in New Zealand since 1989.
Kaitiaki Adventures are culturally infused white water specialists who incorporate Maori culture into each individual excursion, providing their customers with a true New Zealand experience.
Sledging is performed individually with a qualified Whitewater Sledging guide to assist you where necessary. You will take the river on at eye level and be in charge of your own sledging vessel. There is no experience necessary - your guides will inform you of how to take complete control and negotiate your way through the awesome rapids using the fins on your feet for propulsion and steering.
You will be fully equipped with a life jacket, a padded wetsuit, booties, a helmet and fins for kicking.