- 10-12 minutes of thrilling hang gliding over New Zealand's longest lake
- The most experienced dual tandem paragliding and hang gliding company in New Zealand
- 30 years experience in aviation
- Highest take off point in Queenstown
- Reach an altitude of about 3,800 feet
- Professional and friendly pilots
- Free pick-up and drop-off
WHAT TO EXPECT
Looking for an adrenaline-fuelled experience in Queenstown? Want to try something a bit different in Queenstown? Then you’ve come to the right place! Soar like a bird above mountain peaks and fly through the sky taking in the incredible views beneath you... hang gliding is truly an experience like no other!
- Most experienced dual tandem paragliding and hang gliding company in New Zealand
Our hang gliding instructional tour is an excellent opportunity to learn more about this unique activity. You’ll be taught by the most experienced dual tandem paragliding and hang gliding pilots in New Zealand. Our company has more than 30 years of experience in aviation, and we only work with the best people in the field. We can’t wait to share our passion and knowledge with you.
- Fly the hang glider yourself from Queenstown's highest commercial take-off point
On this tour, you'll have the opportunity for some hands-on experience with the glider. That’s right - you’ll be able to fly the hang glider yourself! What makes it even better is that you'll be flying from the highest commercial take-off point in Queenstown. As you can maybe imagine, the views from the mountain are pretty spectacular, look out for New Zealand’s longest lake, Lake Wakatipu as well as the smaller Lake Hayes.
- What to expect on the day
Your pilot will take you through the training and safety instructions. But don’t worry, it’s all very easy... it's a short run and bam, up you go! We recommend you wear practical footwear such as sneakers or running shoes. It's also a smart idea to bring an extra shirt as it can get quite chilly up there. From the moment your feet leave the ground, you’ll feel a surge of adrenaline. Our hang gliding flights reach an altitude of about 3,800 feet, the views are totally worth it!
- Want to get an action shot?
During your flight, you’ll be too busy enjoying the views so we're more than happy to take your pictures for you. If you’re interested in this option, just talk to your pilot beforehand. Once you land, we’ll have your photos and video ready to purchase. This way the memory will stay with you for a lifetime.