- Transfers to and from Sofia Airport (on first/last tour date only)
- English-speaking mountain guide
- Entrance fees for the caves and all local taxes.
5-Day Hiking Tour Of Rhodope Mountains Bulgaria
Walk through the rolling landscapes dotted with sinister caves and deep gorges!
Buy as a Gift
- Other meals and drinks
- Mountain tourist map
- Medical insurance
WHAT TO EXPECT
Along with the pleasant climate, the Rhodopes (Rodopi) Mountains are the perfect place for walking through the rolling landscapes dotted with sinister caves and deep gorges among other natural phenomena. This is probably the least known area of Bulgaria, which was closed for tourists and foreigners for decades due to its proximity to the border with Greece.
The day hikes in the mountains have difficulty complying with the physical condition of each client, but overall the features of the terrain will be of moderate difficulty.
Day 1 - Arrival
Meet at Sofia Airport and transfer to Lyaskovo village in Rhodope (Rodopi) Mountains where you will spend the night in a welcoming local guesthouse, where you will try traditional local meals.
Day 2 - Yagodina Cave
After a hearty breakfast with your hosts, they will drive you to the entrance of Yagodina Cave – one of the longest and most beautiful caves in Bulgaria, housing unique cave formations. Here you will have a cave tour, before heading further on foot to the lovely village of Yagodina, where you can take a 4WD ride to the stunning viewpoint called the Eagle’s Eye (not included; payable on the spot). The stunning 300m high vertical cliffs hide The Devil’s Throat Cave, where the highest underground waterfall on the Balkans is located (42m high). (walking: 10km, climbing/descending: 650/100m)
Day 3 - Vodni Pad
Walk through the motley landscapes to the remote village of Vodni Pad, which in the past was divided into two parts by the borderline. Among the old stone houses in recent days are left to live only a few people. The colourful variety of woods, meadows, fields, and rivers will accompany the group on your return to Trigrad village. (walking: 20km, climbing/descending: 700/350m)
Day 4 - Trigrad
Another loop-like hike today will reveal a different but again idyllic part of the Rhodope (Rodopi) Mountains near the village of Trigrad. The target of the route is Zhrebevo – a small mountain village which has a special charm owed to the hospitality of the local people, the unspoiled nature and the traditional livelihoods – agriculture, livestock and wood processing. A leisurely walk along a small river will bring you back to Trigrad. (walking: 22 km, climbing/descending: 800/800m)
Transfer to Sofia Airport for departure.
Hiking time: hiking time only is mentioned on each day (not including stops for pictures, picnics, breaks, etc.); these are based on an average hiker’s speed of 4-5km/hr on flat terrain, additional 30min for each 300m elevation gain, and a backpack weighing not more than 10-15% of your body weight. Still, this varies a lot on the terrain and hiking experience of each client.
Notes: all hiking treks are tailored in terms of difficulty to each individual group; overall, the terrain means they are moderate. The itinerary offers opportunities for extensions involving additional overnight stays at Trigrad, Plovdiv or Sofia to allow day trips to the Rila Monastery, Koprivshtitsa, etc.
Accommodation: three-star and family hotels; en-suite rooms; breakfast and supper.
5-Day Hiking Tour Of Rhodope Mountains Bulgaria
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company