- 4-5 hours of challenging canyoning
- Pick up and drop off from our central Queenstown location, or Wanaka by prior arrangement
- All equipment including wetsuits, shoes, helmets, harness and descending gear
- The most exciting canyoning experience available in New Zealand!
- The biggest jumps and abseils available for canyoning in Queenstown
- A delicious picnic-style lunch and refreshments (choose either vegetarian or meat options only)
- All tours are lead by experienced and qualified guides
Why do we love this
We love the fact you get to explore a UNESCO World Heritage area on this trip. How awesome is that!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hidden in the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage area, this canyoning experience is as beautiful as it is exciting, expect a large hit of everything in this action-packed adventure.
Enjoy down climbs, jumps, slides and big abseils down pumping waterfalls!
No experience is required but good swimming skills, confidence and English speaking are a must. Travel time is approx 2 hours each way with a walking time of around 20 minutes into the canyon. All tours are lead by experienced and qualified canyoning guides and group sizes are always kept small for maximum enjoyment.
Meet at 78 Beach Street, Queenstown at 9.00 am, where you'll be kitted out with all the best canyoning equipment.
Afterwards, you can either self-drive or take the courtesy shuttle to the canyon location. The drive there is a scenic 2 hour trip with plenty of coffee and toilet stops along the way.
Once you arrive, get dressed in your equipment, then take a 25 minute bush walk to the start of the canyon.
Before you jump in, you'll listen to a full safety briefing and demonstration from your guide.
Then, the adventure begins! You'll be in the canyon for 3-4 hours and will enjoy abseils of up to 30 metres. Get your heart racing as you zoom down natural water slides and experience epic climbs and jumps (optional).
Later, finish your day of action with a picnic-style lunch. You'll then head back through Wanaka to Queenstown. You'll return at approximately 5.00 pm.
You can bring your own waterproof camera or leave it to your guides. They'll take pictures of your whole experience and you can purchase them afterwards if you wish.