The Bay of Islands is a must-see in New Zealand. Boasting more than 140 beautiful islands surrounded by sparkling water, this spot will take your breath away! Spend a day cruising through the picturesque landscape and pristine water as you discover this iconic New Zealand gem.
It's an early start at 6 am with a free pick-up from your accommodation in Auckland.
From there, you'll head to the Bay of Islands, enjoying stunning landscapes and countryside vistas along the way.
Once you've reached this amazing spot, it's time to head out on a half-day cruise (approximately 4 hours) led by Discover the Bay. You'll get to see dolphins (when possible) and snap some amazing shots of your surroundings. Discover the history of the area as you cruise among the 144 islands.
You'll also pay a visit to the famous Hole in the Rock, an iconic landmark in the Bay of Islands.
Take a break on beautiful Urupukapuka Island, where you will enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch and a chance to relax in the sun.
After your cruise, there will be a chance to explore one of the following spots (your pick):
- Russell Island, known for its seal and penguin colonies
- Matakana Island, featuring perfect surf beaches and dense pine forests
- Waitangi, a historical site where you can explore the treaty grounds and learn about early New Zealand history
Later, it's time to make your way back to Auckland with pit-stops along the way. The afternoon is in your hands!
The group can choose to do either of the following options:
- A light bush walk to Whangarei Falls to explore the scenic reserve that surrounds this famous 26-metre waterfall
- An exploration of Tane Mahuta, a giant kauri tree in the Waipoua Forest
After your selected activities, you'll be dropped back to your hotel in Auckland between 6-7pm.