- Visit the company that produces special kimonos worn only at wedding ceremonies
- Create two gorgeous kimonos
- Have a photoshoot
- Take home your new fashion design!
WAS IST INBEGRIFFEN
WAS ZU ERWARTEN IST
Have you ever wondered how to make an intricate kimono? On this tour, you will learn how to make kimonos in Kyoto! You get to choose the fabric, then cut and shape it like a real fashion designer. The tour will give you the tools and instruction to create two kimonos, then you get to take them home! Pretty cool, huh?
- Explanation (10 min)
- Choose kimono cloth (10 min)
- Cover the panel with cloth and staple it to the frame (20 min)
- Have a photoshoot (30 min.)
Things to note
- Meeting point: WISH
- 2F 203, World Duck Bldg., 25, Shimogamo Higashi-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
- Access: From JR Kyoto Station
- Take Karasuma Line (Kyoto Municipal Subway) and get off at Kitaoji Station
- Walk along the Kitaoji Street towards Kamo River for 20 minutes
- You will find World Duck Bldg. on your right. On the 2nd floor of the building.
- Language support: English *No staff speaks English. A translator will be used
- 12 years old and over
- Gratis Wifi
- Wear clothes easy to move in as the work includes cutting and stapling cloth