- Get an authentic ninja experience in a historical samurai residence
- Listen to a lecture about the history on ninjas
- Learn to draw and sheath a sword, use a blowgun and throw ninja stars
- Relax in a natural hot spring
- Enjoy the nature and peaceful atmosphere of a mountain village
WAS IST INBEGRIFFEN
Was ist ausgeschlossen?
- Additional time in onsen (available for extra fee)
WAS ZU ERWARTEN IST
Although ninjas have a long history in Japan, their existence has long been veiled in mystery. This guided ninja tour in Hinode-machi enables you to deeply understand the history and roles of ninjas in Japanese culture. You will also get to try hands-on Ninja training on this tour. After a strenuous ninja training, you can relax with a soak in a natural hot spring located in a picturesque mountain village.
Your ninja training will be held in Tokyo's Hinode Bukeyashiki, an old residence built-in 1881 by a local millionaire. The location of your ninja training is a full-fledged traditional samurai house, which is sure to leave a lasting impression on you. Once you're there, dress up in a ninja costume, meditate in the dojo, and listen to a lecture about the history of ninjas. Starting by learning what it means to be a ninja, then gain a deeper understanding as you're taught about their roles in society.
Next, you will learn how to draw and sheath an imitation ninja sword. You will also practice using a blowgun and throwing ninja stars. Feeling the weight of the sword, and recalling the role of the ninja that you just learned to truly embody what life was like for a ninja in those days. Take some photos while striking a ninja pose inside the samurai house and in the Japanese-style garden. If you'd like, you can learn the mindset of the Japanese by visiting the Inari shrine at the back of the samurai house and learning the meaning of 'Torii' gate at Shinto shrine.
After receiving a good workout from the ninja training, you will go to Tsuru-Tsuru Onsen and enjoy a relaxing soak in a hot spring. The natural hot spring pumped up from 1500 m underground is highly alkaline and it is said to make your skin smooth and beautiful. This spa session is sure to relax both the body and the mind. As you soak, enjoy the nature and peaceful atmosphere of the mountain village.
- Change into Ninja costume (5 min.)
- Mediation/lecture on "The Rule of Ninja"
- Drawing/sheathing a sword (10 min.)
- Blowgun (10 min.)
- Ninja stars (10 min.)
- Photo session (10 min.)
- Briefing on Japanese culture (optional /10 min.)
- Go to Tsuru-Tsuru Onsen (20 min.)
- Soak in a hot spring and relax (30-60 min.)