- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return ferry
- Full-day guided adventure to the Outer Great Barrier Reef & the world-class Museum of Underwater Art to snorkel the beautiful underwater world
- Refreshments including iced water, cordial, tea & coffee throughout the day
- Demonstrations & instructions on snorkelling techniques
- Use of all snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, & full-length suit)
- Learn about the reef eco-system from an experienced, fun & professional crew with a passion for the marine environment
- All EMC reef tax fees & mooring fees
- Departs from the meeting point at Breakwater Marina, Townsville
Museum of Underwater Art Day Tour - Snorkel Including FerryDiscover a world below the surface and snorkel some of the best sites on the Great Barrier Reef, including the world-class Museum of Underwater Art, on this full day adventure.
- Food is not provided due to COVID-19 until further notice - Fridges are available to store your items
- Scuba diving is not included in the price - optional add-on, please discuss when booking
What to Expect
Experience an unforgettable day out on the water discovering the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and its colourful marine life and attractions. You will spend your day snorkelling the magnificent reefs nearby to the unique and inspiring Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA).
Begin your journey from Townsville, heading out to the Outer Barrier Reef. With plenty of coral systems to explore and depths ranging from 1 to 20 metres, it is ideal for beginners to experienced snorkellers. Timid or first-time snorkellers can receive demonstrations and instructions on snorkelling techniques from the experienced crew. On the reef, schools of baitfish are common, as well as an abundance of colourful reef fish including Parrotfish, Maori wrasse, Clownfish and Angelfish. Whitetip and Blacktip reef sharks, Turtles and Stingrays are also often sighted.
Experience the unique opportunity to snorkel at the World Heritage-listed Museum of Underwater Art. As the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, MOUA will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The Coral Greenhouse, the first submerged building designed by world-class artist Jason deCaires Taylor, is a beautiful mix of art and science. Surrounding the museum is an amazing coral reef system bursting with a plethora of marine life. The bright and beautiful colours are the perfect backdrop for the museum and the location provides the perfect blend of man-made and natural art.
Learn about the reef's intricate ecosystem and discover how the Great Barrier Reef is managed and what work is being done to protect it. Our friendly crew will take you through ways you can help protect the reef and its creatures for future generations to come. On this full-day adventure, you will create amazing memories that you will talk about for years to come. Please be advised guests will need to bring along their own food for the day due to COVID-19 restrictions until further notice. There will be fridges available to store your items.
Where We Visit
- Outer Barrier Reef
- Museum of Underwater Art
Frequently Asked Questions
– For Townsville departures, the meeting time is 7:00am at the Breakwater Marina off The Strand (opposite the ‘waterfall’). You will find our vessel on the fuel wharf at the end of Mariners Drive (Past ‘G’ wharf). The boat will depart at approximately 7:30am.
– Returns to Townsville from the Great Barrier Reef Day Trip at approximately 4:30pm and 5:15pm from the Yongala Wreck Day Trip, weather dependent.
Yes we do pick up from the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal on Magnetic Island at 7:50am (by the Sealink pick-up point)
Returns to Magnetic Island at approximately 4:00pm from the Great Barrier Reef 4:45pm from the Yongala Wreck Day Trip, weather dependent.
A minimum of school age six is recommended to come on board with us for snorkelling. The child snorkelling rate is from 6 to 12 years of age. A minimum age of 12 is required in order to SCUBA dive with us.
Yes, we recommend any passengers who may experience motion sickness take appropriate medication prior to the trip. We have preventative herbal seasickness tablets (Travacalm) for sale on board for $4 for 2 tablets, but if you require something stronger please check with your chemist prior to the trip. It is advisable to take one tablet the night before your trip, then one-two tablets (depending on your size) approx an hour before you board the vessel, always read and follow the medication guidelines. Please drink extra water on board to combat the effects of dehydration.
Yes, you can still snorkel/dive in stinger season. We ensure all swimmers are offered full length wetsuits or stinger suits to protect them during the stinger season. Box jellyfish, are coastal dwellers and are therefore unlikely to be encountered at the reef. Irukandji Jellyfish are a planktonic animal found throughout the tropics. Their sting can be extremely distressing but unlikely to be life threatening.
- Infants under 6yrs are free of charge however parents are asked to assess the child’s confidence both in small boats & in water prior to booking. No swimming equipment is provided for children under 6yrs
- You can join the tour from Townsville at the Breakwater Marina OR from Magnetic Island at the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal
- All of our trips are subject to passenger numbers & weather conditions
- Due to the small number of passengers on these tours it is advised to book early
- More than 30 days before departure – 10% of total cost
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 7 days before departure - 80% of total cost
- Within 24 hours of departure & No Shows - 100% of total cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely