- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington lookout
- Wildlife Sanctuary entry with Tasmanian devils
- Tasting experience at Coal River Farm
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs
WHAT TO EXPECT
Spend a fantastic day with stunning views, exciting walks, captivating history, abundant wildlife and local food tasting.
We leave Hobart early in the morning at 07:30 am. You will be picked up at your accommodation. First, we will head towards the summit of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington. There we will enjoy the beautiful panoramas over Hobart and Southern Tasmania.
At the summit of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington, you can choose between a range of spectacular gentle walks. The more adventurous people can opt for the popular Organ Pipes walk.
Next stop is the historic village of Richmond, where we will enjoy a relaxing lunch. There will also be some time to explore before we head to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. At the sanctuary, we will get up close with the iconic Tasmanian devil.
Then it is time to drive to Coal River Farm and treat our taste buds with a private local produce tasting. We will then head back to Hobart passing a scenic lookout.
Kunanyi / Mt Wellington
Mount Wellington is officially known as Kunanyi / Mount Wellington and is situated in the southeast coastal region of Tasmania. Hobart city is built on the foothills of the mountain. It also is the summit of the Wellington Range.
Kunanyi / Mount Wellington has an altitude of 1,271 metres (4,170 ft) above sea level. It is often covered by snow, even on some summer days. The lower slopes are covered by green forest. It boasts many walking tracks through the forests. Near the summit, you can find a lookout that provides stunning views of the city of Hobart. From Hobart City, you can see characteristic cliffs of dolerite columns. These are known as the Organ Pipes.
The historic village of Richmond
Visit Richmond and learn all about its captivating history. The village is situated in the heart of the Coal River Valley. It used to serve as an important military staging post and convict station linking Hobart with Port Arthur. Richmond is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture. Its beautiful heritage buildings date back as early as the 1820s and are now housing galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums.
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary boasts koalas, wombats, quolls, birds, and amazing native wildlife. The sanctuary is also home to the iconic Tasmanian devil and over 80 free-roaming kangaroos that you can pet and hand-feed.
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit
- Organ Pipes walk or Springs lookout
- Richmond Village
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tasmanian devils experience
- Coal River Farm
Departure / Return time
Hobart - 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- October - November: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- December - January - February: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- March - April: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- May - September: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
What to bring?
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable trail walking shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)