- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A delicious 1-day small-group Yarra Valley food & wine tour
- A 1-course lunch at Rochford Wines
- Tastings at 2 wineries plus chocolate, cheese, & fruit tastings
- Services of a friendly & knowledgable guide to learn more on your journey
- Transport onboard a modern air-conditioned vehicle with free onboard Wi-Fi
- Convenient return transfers from selected Melbourne city accommodation & central meeting places
- Additional food & wine purchases
What to Expect
Around the world, the Yarra Valley is known for the fantastic wine produced in the area, but that is only the beginning of the story for this amazing location in Australia's South East. This gourmet food and wine tour will have you not only visiting excellent wineries of the region and sampling their wares but will also take you to the best chocolates as well as dairy and fresh fruit farms.
The day starts with pick-ups from selected Melbourne hotels and convenient central meeting spots. Then, head to Yarra Farm Fresh, sampling some of the freshest fruits, juices and locally made products in the valley!
Next, sample a range of wines at one of the most iconic Yarra Valley wineries – Balgownie Estate. With over 50-years of wine-making history, the Balgownie Cellar Door is the place to taste some of the region's finest drops.
Enjoy more cheese with a stop at Yarra Valley Dairy (Mon–Fri) or Coldstream Dairy (Sat-Sun and on Public Holidays). The former has produced fine artisan cheese since 1994, while the latter specialises in Italian-style handmade cheeses, fresh feta, and yoghurt.
Lunch is served at Rochford Wines – there are four different meal options available, as well as a full glass of the quality wine produced here.
Then, the last wine stop for the day is Australian Tourism hall of fame member Yering Station to indulge in their fine wine selection. This is Victoria's very first vineyard, established in 1838 and is proudly family owned & operated.
Round out the day with a sweet stop at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie, where they offer a range of chocolates, truffles, and ice cream. Then, it's time to return to Melbourne.
All tastings as well as lunch, including a glass of wine, are part of this spectacular day in the beautiful Yarra Valley.
Where we Visit:
- Yarra Farm Fresh
- DeBortoli Wines
- Yarra Valley Dairy or Coldstream Dairy
- Rochford Wines
- Yering Station
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
Frequently Asked Questions
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & Water bottle
The Operator is committed to small group travel, so the maximum capacity of the touring vehicles is 24 seats. They also operate some smaller vehicles which accommodate 12 guests. All of the vehicles are fully air-conditioned & are fitted with complimentary onboard Wi-Fi.
As the tours are run in 12 to 24 seat Minibuses with no undercarriage storage bins, the Operator is not able to accommodate wheelchairs.
However, in some cases, exceptions can be made so it is best to contact them to enquire about the tour you want to do including the date you would like to do it.
The Yarra Valley is a cool-climate wine-growing region, so the wines produced here are typically quite light and fruity. Each of the wine tasting locations will provide a selection of around half a dozen of their wines, typically commencing with a light white wine and finishing with a red wine, or perhaps even a dessert wine. If there is a wine in their range that isn’t included in the winery’s selection on the day, feel free to ask the winery staff if you may taste a different wine, as they are keen to showcase the wines you’re most interested in sampling.
Yes, the standard lunch menu at Rochford Wines includes both gluten-free and vegetarian options. If your dietary requirements are more specialised than this (e.g. vegan), please be sure to make a note when placing your booking, so that we can give the kitchen as much notice as possible regarding your particular requirements.
- The legal drinking age in Australia is 18 years, please carry relevant ID
- Please note you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time
- No prams or strollers are permitted
- The Operator retains the right to alter itineraries, fares and vehicles and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances
- The Operator shall not be liable for any illness, damages, loss or delay that may occur due to factors beyond their control, and strongly recommend all travellers carry travel insurance coverage
- The Operator requires a minimum number of people booked on tours in order to be able to operate. If tours do not meet minimum numbers The Operator reserves the right to cancel that tour departure
- No cancellation fees apply for changes up to 24 hours before your tour departure time
- Cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a booked tour will result in a 100% forfeiture of the tour fare
- Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled
Reviews for Yarra Valley Gourmet Food & Wine Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation