Discover two of Melbourne’s most popular destinations travelling against the crowds and staying overnight on the famous Great Ocean Road before jumping onto the ferry to transfer across Port Phillip Bay and spend the day admiring Australian penguins and other wildlife
The 12 Apostles
Witness the rugged splendour of the iconic 12 Apostles. These magnificent rock stacks rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean on Victoria's scenic coastline. The apostles are limestone cliffs created due to erosion of the limestone cliffs of the mainland beginning 10–20 million years ago. The rough Southern Ocean and the blasting winds gradually eroded the softer limestone, forming caves in the cliffs. The caves transformed into arches. When they collapsed rock stacks up to 45 metres high were left isolated from the shore.
Loch Ard Gorge
Loch Ard Gorge is a natural gem located about three minutes west of the mighty Twelve Apostles. It is a treasure trove of natural beauty, coastal wilderness and maritime history. Wander along the trails and explore the blowholes, offshore limestone stacks and towering cliffs. Find out all about the story of the Loch Ard shipwreck and learn about the rich maritime history of the area at the Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre.
Experience one of Australia’s most popular attractions. Each night at sunset Little Penguins return ashore after a day’s fishing. And you can witness this spectacular activity. Admire the world’s smallest penguin in its natural habitat from viewing stands and boardwalks. Or learn all about our little friends through interactive and educational displays in the visitor centre.
The Nobbies Centre is overlooking Bass Strait and is home to the interactive Antarctic Journey. You will discover spectacular clifftop boardwalks and views to the Nobbies and Seal Rocks. Stroll along the boardwalks. If the weather is right, you can see the explosive blowhole in action. Enjoy the views over the Nobbies Rock formations and beyond to Seal Rocks, home to Australia's largest fur seal colony.
- Inner City Melbourne and St Kilda Pick-up and Drop-off
- Small-group tour in air-conditioned modern vehicle
- Experienced Professional Driver/Guide
- Knowledgeable and Entertaining Commentary
- 1 Night Accommodation on the Great Ocean Road in dorm
- Ferry ride across Port Phillip Bay
- Meals as indicated, Morning tea and snacks
- Entrance to Penguin Parade
- Entrance to Wildlife Park.
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Swimmers (summer months)
- Insect repellant
- Money for meals
- Operates: Mon/Wed*/Thu/Sat (*Seasonal)
- Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
- Departure point: : Regent Theatre, 191 Collins Street at 07:25am
- Departs: Melbourne 7:30am (approx.)
- Returns: Melbourne 10:00pm-12am, on the second day (return time seasonal)
- Audio Translation Available