- Uluru experience
- Uluru sunset with glass of bubbly
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta sunrise
- Kata Tjuta Valley of the Winds
- Outback BBQ
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Aboriginal Culture
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enjoy the very best of the Outback on this 3 day camping tour. Explore Uluru, Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta!
Day 1: Alice Springs to Uluru
We pick you up outside your Alice Springs accommodation at 5.45am and drive through the beautiful Outback, our first stop will be a traditional Aussie roadhouse for a quick breakfast (at your own expense), back on the road and a short stop for viewing of Mount Connor and the Salt lakes before arriving at Yulara.
If you’re starting the tour in Ayers Rock we'll pick you up from the Outback Pioneer Lodge (Ayers Rock Resort), or from Ayers Rock Airport. After lunch we drive to our first stop in Uluru National Park where you can pick one of the following Uluru experiences:
- Visit the Cultural Centre and enjoy 2 guided Uluru base walks (Mala & Mutitjulu Waterhole).
- Full 10km Uluru base walk (unguided), Cultural Centre visit not included.
- Uluru climb (unguided, if open), Cultural Centre visit not included (please note: Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their culture by not climbing the rock).
- 2PM Ayers Rock airport pick-ups will be able to enjoy 2 guided walks at Uluru (Mala & Mutitjulu Waterhole), Cultural Centre visit and lunch are not included.
This evening we watch a spectacular Uluru sunset while enjoying a glass of sparkling wine & snacks. After sunset we drive to our campsite for hot showers and a hearty meal. Depending on your mood you can choose to sleep in a permanent 4 share safari tent (bunk beds) or in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars. (L,D)
Day 2: Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
Up early for breakfast before catching a spectacular Uluru sunrise. We then head to Kata-Tjuta (The Olgas) for a guided 5.5km walk through the Valley of the Winds, returning to camp for lunch. Next, we drive to our remote bush camp in the Watarrka national park (Kings Canyon). After a hot shower, tonight’s dinner will be an authentic Outback BBQ. You can choose to sleep in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars or in one of our permanent 4 share safari tents (bunk beds). (B,L,D)
Day 3: Kings Canyon and Mt Ebenezer to Alice Springs
After breakfast, we drive to Kings Canyon for a guided 6km Canyon Rim Walk in one of the most spectacular areas of the outback. Visit the natural Amphitheatre and discover the lost city, North and South Walls, and the exotic Garden of Eden along the way.
After lunch we return to Alice Springs stopping at Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse, arriving back at Alice Springs early evening.
Or if you choose to finish the tour in Ayers Rock, you will be transferred from Kings Canyon Resort to Ayers Rock Resort after lunch. Please note that this service must be requested at the time of booking, and will incur an additional charge of $100 per adult / $40 per child.
- Sparkling wine & snacks at the Uluru sunset
- Accredited, experienced tour guides
- Permanent campsites with kitchens, toilets & hot showers
- 4 person Safari tents both nights
- Quality swags if you choose to sleep under the stars
- Air conditioned mini-bus, fitted with seat belts
- Quality healthy meals and drinking water
- Uluru park entrance fee ($25pp)
- Pick up from Alice Springs accommodation, Ayers Rock Airport or Ayers Rock Resort (Outback Pioneer)
- Option to end the tour at Ayers Rock Resort on day 3
*Optional upgrade to twin tents available at $75/person per tour – twin tent upgrade price includes sleeping bag and pillow.
*Optional camel ride is available at your own expense – passengers starting in Alice Springs only.