- Transfer on a large, modern vessel
- Overnight sleep in swags under stars
- Breakfast, 2 morning & afternoon teas, 2 buffet lunches and barbeque dinner
- Free water, tea and coffee
- Access to Underwater Observatory
- Snorkelling with all gear provided
- Access to an onboard bar including beer and wine (cocktails and spirits at an additional cost)
- Great Barrier Reef Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
WHERE WE VISIT
- Airlie Beach
- The Whitsundays
- Great Barrier Reef
Reefsleep - Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays 2 Days 1 Night Sailing Tour
Experience the spectacular Great Barrier Reef on this unmissable overnight adventure from Airlie Beach!
Additional cost for:
- Reef dive (available for beginners and experienced scuba- divers alike)
- Night dive (must be booked 3 days in advance)
- Helicopter flights
- Guided snorkelling tours
All payable onboard.
- Night dives must be booked 3 days in advance and cost $150 per person
WHAT TO EXPECT
This once in a lifetime trip takes in all the highlights of the Great Barrier Reef by day and night! Enjoy a breathtaking journey out across the turquoise waters of the Coral Sea to an amazing floating pontoon in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef. Get ready for two full days of exploration and one breathtaking night under the stars.
You'll explore the reef by day, with dive trips to discover the colourful coral and snorkelling adventures through schools of tropical fish. As darkness falls, it's time experience the weird and wonderful marine life that comes out to play. Watch from the underwater viewing portal before rolling out your swag for an unforgettable night in the middle of the ocean!
This 2-day, 1-night marine adventure is the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure.
Day 1: Airlie Beach to the Whitsundays and the Outer Great Barrier Reef
The adventure gets off to an early start with pick up from the mainland at 8.00 am. Enjoy a stunning ride through the picturesque Whitsunday Islands on our way to the floating pontoon, your home for the next 2 days! Keep your cameras at the ready as you cruise from the Port of Airlie through the spectacular Whitsunday Islands and onto the pontoon at the outer Great Barrier Reef.
Once here, the day is yours to explore the colourful underwater wonderland that awaits! Expert guides will be on hand to explain more about the reef’s spectacular marine life and offer an impressive array of activities.
Dive into the turquoise waters and explore the reef to your heart’s content with snorkelling trips that give you a fascinating glimpse into the marine world. Or, stay onboard and check out the action through the amazing underwater viewing portal.
Experience the reef from above and below with optional deep sea dives and helicopter rides, offering you a breathtaking glimpse of the famous Heart Reef.
Soak up the sun and the sea breeze on the spectacular 360-degree panoramic deck and enjoy a relaxing massage as you float in the middle of the ocean.
Throughout the day, treat yourself to complimentary hot drinks and dig into a delicious morning, afternoon tea and buffet lunch.
Then, as the day comes to an end, bask in the peace and quiet of the reef and make the most of a breathtaking afternoon in tropical paradise. Take in the spectacular sunset panoramas from the upper deck and watch the reef change as the darkness rolls in.
Enjoy the amazing views from the submerged viewing platform, or take your nocturnal reef explorations to a whole other level with an unforgettable night dive! (Night dives must be booked 3 days in advance and cost $150 per person.)
As darkness falls, it's your chance to see the weird and wonderful marine world come to life.
Later, fall asleep on the deck, curled up in your swag beneath a canopy of stars. A true once-in-a-lifetime experience, there really is nothing like experiencing the Great Barrier Reef at night.
Day 2: Explore the Outer Great Barrier Reef and return to Airlie Beach
Rise with the sun and watch as the reef starts to come to life. Go for an early morning dip in the crystal clear water, tuck into a delicious hearty breakfast and enjoy the freedom of the reef all to yourself!
Mid-morning, day cruise guests will arrive and the fun begins all over again! Enjoy deep sea dives and snorkel tours through the colourful coral.
Sadly, this afternoon, your amazing 2-day reef exploration adventure has to come to an end. Say goodbye to the incredible Great Barrier Reef and before the journey back to the East Coast.
Menu (select one when making your booking)
Char Grilled 150g Eye Fillet Steak
Served with 1/2 Garlic Butter Bay Bug - cooked to your liking
Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
Served with tomato sugo, roasted red peppers and Kalamata olives,
topped with shaved Parmesan cheese
Slow Braised Lamb Shank
Cooked in Red Wine and thyme and served with Root vegetables
Thai Fish Curry
Served with Steamed Rice
Cold Seafood & Salad Plate
(extra $10 per person)
Chilled local tiger prawns, coffin bay oysters, smoked salmon, marinated green lip muscles with fresh garden salad, dipping sauces and lemon
*Please advise food allergies when booking
**We are unable to confirm your menu choice if you do not submit your request
***Menu items subject to availability
Daily Departures from Port of Airlie, Daydream Island & Hamilton Island
Port of Airlie
Pick up 8:00 AM
Drop off 6:10 PM
Pick up 7:50 AM
Drop off 5:40 PM
Pick up 9:00 AM
Drop off 5:00 PM
Coach transfers to Port of Airlie are available at an additional cost
When is the best time of year to visit the Whitsundays?
The Whitsundays are located in the tropics with an average daily temperature of 27°C. During the summer months of December to February, the average temperature is over 30°C and during the winter months of June to August, a mild 23°C is the average.
All activities and day cruises that we offer are able to be experienced regardless of the season, so really, the time of year you visit just depends on your preference.
Are there mosquitos in the Whitsundays?
During the months of November to May, mosquitos are more prevalent than at other times of the year. There are also pesky March Flies from February to April (approximately) at Whitehaven Beach. But hey, that's what you get in a tropical place! We always recommend you bring along some repellent.
Can I buy food and drink onboard your vessels?
Yes, we sell a range of food and drink (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic) onboard. Personal alcohol cannot be consumed onboard.
Is there wifi onboard the vessels?
Free wifi on our vessels is something we are working on!
We'd love you to post some pics to social media to spread the news about your amazing holiday with us! #cruisewhitsundays #backpackerdeals
Are there facilities for smokers on your vessels?
Sorry but smoking is not permitted on any of our vessels in conjunction with Tobacco Laws Qld.
What do I bring?
Towels x2: Swim/shower
A change of clothes
Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen lotion
Your camera and a sense of fun!
Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
Money/credit card for optional purchases such as dives, massages or some bubbles with dinner
- All cruises are subject to sea and weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger safety. Should the company be forced to cancel or alter the package inclusions, our liability is limited to offering an alternative or appropriate refund no greater than the fare.
- Awesome Whitsundays cannot be held responsible for missed flights or consequent costs due to a late arrival at the airline check-in counter whatever the cause.
- Check-in for all island transfers and cruises is 30 minutes before departure.
- Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings.
- The company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising whilst travelling with the company, participating in activities, on the vessel/pontoon or other company property. This disclaimer applies irrespective of the cause.
- Age and medical restrictions apply to dive activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed. Divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. All diving is operated by Reef Safari Pty Ltd and booking to dive with them deems acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on their website www.reefsafari.com
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 7 days before departure: no fee
- Cancellations between 3 and 7 days of departure: 25% of the total cost
- Cancellations between 24 and 72 hours of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- - Meet at Hamilton Island Marina
- - Meet at Port of Airlie
- Meet at Hamilton Island Marina
- Meet at Port of Airlie
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews