- Transport to and from accommodation
- Chance to see native wildlife
- Grade 3-4 level rapids
- Guaranteed small groups (24 passengers only)
- Highly experienced guides
- Extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing
- Up to 5 hours white water rafting
- Water levels guaranteed all year round
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- Action photos will be taken which can be viewed and purchased at the end of the day
WHERE WE VISIT
- Tully River
- $30 AUD levy for payable on the day of travel
- Photos available for purchase after tour
Why do we love this
We love the EXTREME nature of this tour and the fact you get to take on grade 3-4 level rapids amongst World Heritage Rainforest!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Feeling adventurous? Up for rafting down a wild river? Then this guided rafting trip in the Tully River is for you! Full of fast-paced action over grade 2-3 rapids it's a seriously fun trip that's jam-packed with action. Get ready, because you are in for an adrenaline-pumping adventure!
With a maximum of 24 passengers in each trip, you'll have the chance to get guidance from your river guides. You;ll end up a confident rafter able to conquer the wild Tully River. Your guide will teach you rafting techniques and will share interesting facts about the history of this magnificent landscape along the river.
The Tully is one of the best rafting rivers in Australia, descending over 800 metres along its 133-kilometre course. It descends through the Tully Gorge in the Tully Gorge National Park and this World Heritage-listed park is your unique rafting setting for today.
Leave Cairns at 6.30 am and travel to Tully to meet the experienced Mission Beach rafters.
In the morning, your experienced guides will give you a safety briefing and paddling instruction. Then, once you're all set and ready, it's time to start the adventure! You'll paddle over some epic rapids and gain serious speed on the water.
After an action-packed morning, you'll enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch on the river bank. Spend a little time relaxing and regain your energy - you'll need it this afternoon!
The trip continues with the chance to try out raft surfing, rapid swimming and rock jumping.
After a few more hours of fun, you'll raft to the finishing point where you can change into dry clothes and hop back in the bus.
You'll return to Mission Beach by 4.30 pm, where you'll get the chance to view and purchase action photos of the day. You'll arrive back at Cairns at approximately 6.00 pm.
This is a 5-hourrafting trip.
You must have a good understanding of English. You must be a competent and confident swimmer able to swim 100m (300ft).
What to bring
- Swimwear (you will get wet)
- Lace-up shoes or sandals that won't fall off (shoes available for hire)
- Money for souvenirs and rafting levy