- Chance to see native wildlife
- Guaranteed small groups (24 passengers only) allowing you to raft faster and further, with less interruptions
- Highly experienced guides
- Extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing
- Return bus transfers from your accommodation
- Up to 5 hours white water rafting
- No experience necessary (you will learn as you go)
- Water levels guaranteed all year round
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- Action photos will be taken which can be viewed and purchased at the end of the day
- $30 AUD levy for insurance charges, land management agency prescribed daily client fee, water release fees, transfer costs, GST and administration charges (payable on the day of travel).
WHAT TO EXPECT
Feeling XTREMELY adventurous? Up for rafting down a wild river? Then this guided xtreme rafting deal in the Tully River is for you!
On this small and exclusive tour, our experienced river guides will take you down the Tully River, where will be trained to become a confident rafter and able to conquer the wild Tully River. Get ready, because you are in for an adrenaline-pumping trip!
The Tully River
The Tully River is one of the best rafting rivers in Australia. The river rises in the Cardwell Range on the northern boundary of the Kirrama State Forest. It flows north and crosses Lake Koombooloomba, to then continue over the Tully Falls near Ravenshoe. It descends through the Tully Gorge in the Tully Gorge National Park. This World Heritage-listed park will be our unique rafting setting. The river descends 800 metres (2,600 ft) over its course of 133 kilometres (83 miles). The name Tully comes from river William Alcock Tully, who was Surveyor General of Queensland from 1875 to 1889.
A highly trained river guide controls each raft. Your guide will teach you rafting techniques and will share interesting facts about the history of this magnificent landscape along the river.
- We leave Cairns at 07:00 am and travel to Tully to meet the experienced Mission Beach rafters.
- In the morning, our experienced guides will give us a safety briefing and paddling instruction.
- After we are all set and ready for our rafting adventure in the Tully Gorge.
- After an action-packed morning, we will enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch on the river bench.
- In the afternoon, we will continue our rafting fun in the Tully Gorge. You will get the chance to try out raft surfing, rapid swimming and rock jumping during a stop.
- We will raft to today’s finish point where we change into dry clothes.
- At the end of our rafting adventure, we will return to Mission Beach by 16:30 pm. You will get the chance to view and purchase action photos of the day.
- We will arrive back at Cairns at approximately 18:00 pm.
What to bring
- Swimwear (you will get wet)
- Lace-up shoes or sandals that won't fall off (shoes available for hire)
- Money for souvenirs & Rafting levy
- Departs: Cairns & Northern Beaches daily 06:30 am & Mission Beach daily at 07:30 am
- Returns: Mission Beach at 16:30 pm & Cairns at 18:00 pm