- 4 hours trip
- 2 hours underground
- All equipment and training provided.
- Experience black water rafting including walking, wading, swimming and tubing
- See the Waitomo glowworms
- Hot showers provided before heading back to Waitomo
- Free photos available for download after tour
Buy as a Gift
Why do we love this
We think exploring the TumuTumu Cave under the light of hundreds of glowworms is pretty cool!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Combine the best elements of blackwater rafting on this trip that will see you walking, climbing, swimming and tubing through the spectacular TumuTumu Cave. Discover impressive cave formations including stalactite and stalagmites and experience New Zealand's legendary glowworms. They light up parts of the cave beautifully and make the experience even more magical!
No experience is required, just bring your swimwear, a towel and a sense of fun and adventure!
Allow 4 hours for the whole trip. At least 2 of these you'll spend underground! You'll experience exciting water action, with tubing, swimming and splashing galore. Don't worry if you're not a great swimmer, your wetsuit gives you lots of flotation! This experience is generally a lot of a gentler activity than white water rafting and you'll be using tubes instead of whitewater rafts.
Once you emerge from the caves, you'll be able to enjoy a hot shower before heading back to Waitomo.
Your guide will take photos on basic cameras throughout your experience. These are provided to clients via the internet at no extra charge.
The TumuTumu TOObing Trip departs daily, and bookings are essential. The minimum number of participants is 2, and these trips fill up quickly, so they're perfect for solo travellers.
You'll need to be at least 12 years of age to give this tour a go, with a minimum weight of 40kg. Make sure you check in 30 minutes before your scheduled departure.
Blackwater Rafting TumuTumu Toobing at Waitomo Caves
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
What should I bring?
Swimwear, long thick socks (suitable for bush walking); a towel & toiletries for a shower afterwards
- Allow 4 hrs for this whole trip, approximately 2 of which you'll spend underground.
- All Blackwater Rafting trips at Waitomo include walking & wading as well as swimming & tubing.
- The minimum age for children is 12 years with a minimum weight of 40kg).
- No prior experience is necessary and you don't have to be a strong swimmer as your wetsuit gives you lots of floatation, however you will get fully wet.
- All equipment is supplied.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
- Cancel up to 48 hours before the booking and receive a 95% refund.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of the booking.
- A 100% fee will be charged in the following events:
Client failure to check-in at the scheduled time (30 minutes prior to departure)
Cancellation within 24 hours of departure.