- 1.5 hours cruise on Queenstown's Lake Wakatipu
- Spectacular views of the Southern Alps and The Remarkables mountain range
- Stop at Bob’s Cove to view flora and fauna up close
- Easy viewing with tall windows and comfortable indoor seating
- Learn about the history, geology and wildlife of the region
- Spacious outdoor decks with panoramic 360-degree views
- Have your photo taken with the skipper in the open wheelhouse
- On board café with light snacks available
- Free tea and coffee
WHERE WE VISIT
- Lake Wakatipu
- Bob's Cove
Why do we love this
We love the relaxed nature of this cruise - it's the perfect atmosphere to soak in the stunning Queenstown surrounds!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Cruise into untouched wilderness on board the Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise. Discover Lake Wakatipu’s hidden gems, and relax as you take in the scenery around you. Sit back, relax and enjoy this Queenstown adventure!
The cruise departure point is walking distance from all central Queenstown accommodation, so stating your cruise adventure is easy!
Spend 1.5 hours cruising Lake Wakatipu and enjoy unobstructed views as you go. With tall viewing windows (perfect for those mountain vistas) and a large outdoor deck, there's no shortage of vantage points. Enjoy 360-degree panoramic views on one of the outdoor decks or relax indoors on the comfortable indoor seating.
Catch views of The Remarkables mountain range as you head up the lake towards Glenorchy township. You'll also catch glimpses of the Southern Alps!
As you cruise, take some time to explore the wheelhouse and chat with the skipper. They will provide English commentary and there is Chinese commentary available for groups on request. Around the ship, there are cruise information handouts in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish and French.
Enjoy learning about the history, geology and wildlife of the area as your skipper tells you different stories and facts. You'll also get to stop at Bob's Cove and see the native flora and fauna up close, as well as hear and see local birdlife.
There is an onboard cafe with light snacks available for purchase. All departures include complimentary tea and coffee.
This is a 1.5 hour tour departing Queenstown. Departures: 9.00am (1 Nov – 30 Apr), 11.00am, 1.00pm, 3.00pm.