- Try 17 different food and drink tastings at 7 locations across the city
- Spend 4-4.5 hours gorging on delicious Thai food
- Ride in an iconic rod daeng truck from store to store
- Experience a local market with a guided walk and talk (and tastings!)
- Discover Chiang Mai’s Chinatown
- Watch late night butchers at work
- Wander through Chiang Mai’s impressive wholesale market
- Refresh with a Thai fruit smoothie and complimentary water
- Fully licensed (and foodie) guides
- Personal experience with a small group. There will be 2 guides if over 6 guests (10 max)
Why do we love this
This isn't your average food tour. Designed for adventurous eaters with an interest in discovering the food locals eat, this walking expedition will take you past the best hidden gems and foodie secrets of Chinag Mai! We think the local guides, market tours and handpicked street food stops make this an amazing and authentic experience!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Take a ride in one of Chiang Mai’s famous rod daeng trucks on the foodie experience of a lifetime. You might want to skip lunch - you'll get pretty full discovering the food paradise that is Chiang Mai and munching your way around the city!
Kick off your tour with a mouthwatering plate of khao ka moo (braised pork in five spice) to whet your appetite, and from there, it's time to venture outside the old city walls to some of the best secret street eats around. From the most authentic Northern minced pork larb in Chiang Mai to crispy crickets and silk worms, this food tour will see you experience the true Thai taste!
Your guides, Moui and Pin, know the Chiang Mai food scene like the back of their hand and have all the foodie tips and secrets. Not only will you get to experience some amazing flavours, you’ll also learn about food culture, ingredients and how to order in Thai. You'll get to try braised pork leg cooked in Chinese five spice, sticky hang le Northern curry with pork belly and some tasty Nam prik pu peanut dip with jungle veg.
You'll also have the chance to explore Chiang Mai's food scene from different angles as you learn how locals’ shop, watch the city’s butchers at work and discover where the restaurants and street vendors buy their produce wholesale.
And leave room for dessert! Khanon khroc coconut-rice pancakes, exotic fruits and sweet local cakes are on the menu!
This is a food adventure like no other.
Each tour starts at 5:00 pm and runs for approximately 4 to 4.5 hours.