- Admission to the park and use of the facilities
- Guided tour through the Mayan Sanctuary with bilingual guide
- Mayan Purification Ritual
- Handmade corn tortilla and sikil-pac tasting
- Hanal Pixan Altar
- Jalach Winik House
- Mayan Tamale tasting
- Artisan organic cacao tasting
- Xtabentun tasting
- Transportation not included
Why do we love this
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover Mayan culture at Kun Che Park, located in one of the oldest human settlements of the island in El Cedral town.
Experience the way they used to live on this Mayan Sanctuary, a place dedicated to the fertility goddess Ixchel.
This tour blends history and culinary culture for you to delve into all your senses and learn all about the immensely rich Mayan culture. Starting off with a Mayan Purification Ritual, followed by Hanal Pixan Altar (which means 'food for the souls' in Mayan Language). Then visit the Jalach Winik House, the supreme ruler during the Colonial period.
You'll also get to know all about the incredible Mayan culture and history through your taste buds! Learn the process for the 100% handmade corn tortilla, how to cook the Mayan tamal, and take part in the production of the organic artisan cacao “chocolate”.